Ready for a new challenge? Join Guidewire on our Strategic Advisory Team! We would love to see your background!
Strategic Advisory is a niche department within our company that focuses on supporting our customers through their entire core transformation lifecycle to identify, communicate, and realize business value. Through collaboration with all groups within Guidewire and close collaboration with our customers, we are able to translate the business impact and business preparedness of technology transformation into business value.
This Senior Consultant, Strategic Advisory role will be passionate about identifying business impacts, optimization opportunities, and potential value drivers related to cloud readiness and upgrades. This role will be integral in establishing the strategy, processes, engagement model, and results related to these engagements. Due to the strategic nature of these efforts, the individual must be creative, analytical, and personable. He or she must quickly understand process issues and problems; Be a specialist at active listening, gently directing conversations, and generating consensus; Be sensitive and responsive to the needs of the customer and the Guidewire sales representative; Credibly outline examples of value and standard methodologies from Guidewire experience; Continuously drive teamwork across all organizations at Guidewire, including but not limited to Sales, Services, Solution Consulting, Product Development, etc; Present findings in a form that is both visually appealing and intellectually compelling
In addition to leading Value Consulting engagements, responsibilities may include the following: Conduct introduction conversations with customers considering cloud and/or a product upgrade to introduce Strategic Advisory concepts and methodology; Lead customer relationships through and beyond their upgrade and cloud transition, with a focus on building enduring partnerships; Promote Value Consulting externally via Guidewire marketing events and public conferences; Advocate for Guidewire’s value orientation internally, especially for Cloud evaluations, serving as a go-to resource for sales, marketing, professional services, and product management teams; Advance the state of the Strategic Advisory team (e.g. contribute to processes, tools, methodology, and interpersonal development).
Guidewire promotes flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance.
- 8+ years of proven experience in management consulting or functional sales consulting, with a focus on uses/application of technology
- Exceptional executive presence, communication (both oral and written) skills, and presentation skills
- Comfortable leading large group discussions with senior stakeholders
- High analytical aptitude and consultative mind-set to expand technology transformation into people, process, and best practice opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to create visually compelling presentation material
- Ability to think very quickly "on your feet" and make directional adjustments accordingly
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the property/casualty insurance or financial services industry
- Experience with large scale cloud deployments and development of the associated strategy
- Experience selling and/or implementing enterprise software
- Previous workshop facilitation experience
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.