Director, CRM/Claims Product Manager – San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
Guidewire is widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the property and casualty insurance industry. Our software offers property and casualty insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks.
We are looking for an accomplished product management professional to join our Cloud solutions team. In this role you will work with a global product team spanning P&C insurance domain experts, UX design and engineering to drive our cloud product definition and delivery, from ideation through successful adoption by Guidewire customers.
This role requires a well-rounded individual and someone capable of going into depth on a range of topics relevant to the domain. Success at Guidewire is someone who can distill complex problem landscapes into actionable work, and then lead a cross-functional team to get it done.
What you get to do in this role
- In line with the Claims Vision, Strategy and Themes, drive and own a feature or set of features from requirements to launch:
- Drive development of a cohesive, multi-year product/feature strategy and roadmap based on customer and market needs as well as input from subject matter experts both within and outside of Guidewire.
- Champion customer-centered, market-driven thinking throughout the cloud products team to ensure products/features are fully aligned with business needs.
- Collaborate with other members of the product development team, including engineering, user experience, and other product teams, to successfully deliver compelling cloud products/features.
- Demonstrate a bias towards action about what can be done near term to improve the product and push Guidewire forward, but also switch to be able to step back and align to the big picture of how we succeed in the market.
- Ensure that product requirements and outcomes are clearly defined and well-articulated, leveraging Confluence, Aha, and Jira.
- Engage as a key contributor and highly influential member of the product development team to drive alignment across a range of opinions, alternatives and competing interests
- Evangelize Guidewire’s cloud strategy and vision to both internal and external stakeholders, including the Guidewire management team, industry analysts, customers and prospects, as well as SIs and solution partners.
- Successfully make tough prioritization decisions and maintain the product roadmap, balancing the need to hit a high quality bar with product advancements that range from small expansions to new innovation.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of product management experience at an enterprise software company.
- 5+ years of experience in managing cloud-native business applications.
- Deep and demonstrated experience with highly configurable enterprise software products and solutions. Customer Call/Contact Center and Service product(s) experience a plus.
- Strong business acumen and ability to support the achievement of revenue targets across the product portfolio.
- Proven ability to merge attention to product detail with ability to understand and align to business imperatives.
- Keen understanding and appreciation for the business value of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to make complex concepts simple and understandable, and present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues and senior executives.
- Track record of successfully managing ambiguity and maintaining a focus on high leverage activities - i.e. taking in a lot of input and conflicting requests while still moving forward at a fast pace.
- MBA/Advanced degree from top ranked US Universities required
The Guidewire Work Environment
Values are lived, not merely asserted. Most corporate values are hollow platitudes because they are too numerous, abstract, or idealistic. They are cast aside when inconvenient …and often disregarded by the company’s leadership. Real values are revealed by actions. And a “commitment to one’s values” only matters if you are willing to sacrifice things you want (sales, profits, or competitive advantage even!) in order to uphold them. We stand by these values and they inform everything we do and everything we say.
Guidewire is founded on the values of collegiality, rationality and integrity. Put simply, this means:
We strive to work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy, and to value each others’ well-being over the crisis-of-the-moment. We aim for a minimum of hierarchy and expect all managers to do “individual contributor" work. There are no status privileges—we all fly coach, both literally and figuratively.
We make decisions on the basis of facts and logic, and not for the irrational justifications that can creep in. Too often title/role, tenure with the company, political theater, rationalizations of sunk costs or wishful thinking become the basis for (mostly poor) decisions. That said we do not valorize raw intellect. Our ideal is practical reason: developing sound, pragmatic solutions to real problems and following them through to completion.
We tell the truth, both externally and internally. Everything Guidewire has achieved since its founding has been on the foundation of the truth: what our products can and cannot do; the true cost and effort of implementation; the true state of our business. We have quarterly company meetings with substantive updates on all aspects of company performance, and in-person accessibility of the entire management team is the norm. We believe in forthright answers to each other on any question and honest acknowledgement of problems with our products, projects, processes…or anything else.
Download our Culture and Values deck:
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.