Cloud Operations Engineer - 5 Days workweek (Saturday & Sunday to be covered)
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: United States - Remote
Guidewire is seeking an experienced Cloud Operations Engineer (Full Time-Permanent role) to support the design, implementation, and on-going maintenance of our Production Cloud Solutions. Your job will be to help ensure that our customer applications, services and websites are available, performing well and are highly automated. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background managing Cloud Applications.
- Monitor and Support customer CI/CD environment ensuring that the infrastructure is available and running
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve any issues that impact the customer ability to successfully execute CI/CD functions
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope definition, specifications, and architecture of Deployment Tools & Processes for AWS Cloud
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners and management to understand requirements, define and implement best practices and standards around DevOps and Service Resilience
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Manage complex projects from inception to completion
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong foundation with incident, problem and change management. ITIL knowledge and experience is required.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience using CI/CD tools (git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, AWS Code Pipeline, Nexus, Artifactory, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- 2 years of experience with modern automation, DevOps, and Agile development
- Networking fundamentals including VPNs, DNS, subnetting, route tables, firewalls, etc
- Understanding of AWS security and monitoring and experience implementing best practices
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Grafana, Zabbix, PagerDuty, Site24x7, Sumologic, Nagios
- Experience with configuration management (Chef or Ansible)
- Experience administering infrastructure for traditional monolithic web-based business applications
- Highly proficient in Linux administration
- Experience with coding / scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so weekend support coverage is mandatory
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.