People Operations Analyst
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
Guidewire is a growing global software company, and we seek a People Operations Analyst to join our Americas Team of five. If you enjoy finding a solution to HR operations challenges, passionate about efficiency and customer experience through automation and improvement, and you have a strong HR generalist background, you might be the right candidate for this role! This role reports to the Director, People Operations, and is located in the CA-U.S.
- Own the key HR operations process and customer experience for your select business function/countries, the primary focus is to supporting employee and contingent worker life-cycle management processes.
- Administer leave and disability program for your select business function
- Manage or contribute to key team projects that are focus on efficiency and customer experience improvement
- Generate and update policy and process in area of assigned responsibilities
- Owner of selected programs with the focus on global alignment and standardization
- Contribute to SOX and internal audit by adhering to internal policy and process, and maintain high standard in data integrity.
- Leverage reports and data to identify operational weaknesses and improvement area.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years+ progressive HR experience, and minimum 3 years in the HR generalist position (preferred in technology industry)
- BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- Excellent speaking and written communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve through research, and incorporate technology and tool in solutioning
- Full working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures
- Experience in Workday HCM (preferred) and other people systems such as Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Learning Management System (LMS)
- Project management skill
- Ability to work independently, organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks to complete job function in an orderly, efficient manner
Why join us?
We are not just about making HR work! You will join our People Operations team at the very exciting time where you will have an opportunity to contribute to and shape the future of People Operations at Guidewire, participate in global initiatives and make a true impact while having some fun! AMER Operations team is part of the Global Operations and Technology team, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain exposure to global HR operations knowledge.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.