Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
Guidewire is at an inflection point in our transition to a SaaS Cloud company. Our message “Navigate what’s next” is more than a tagline but a dedication to enable our customers to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. Serving our customers starts with how each of us who make up the Guidewire community supplies to that story with passion, skill, agility and authenticity.
We do this by:
Hiring and retaining smart and hardworking people: We believe that Guidewire’s greatest asset is our people. That’s why we go above and beyond to not only find employees with the right skills and experience, but also talented, diverse individuals who share Guidewire’s values, vision and aspirations.
Building a diverse and inclusive community where underrepresented groups can thrive: Our DEI roadmap isn’t merely a backlog of action items to cross off a list but rather beacons to employees and the market that we are committed to crafting an equal and equitable environment by reevaluating everything that exists, from diversity in management to pay scale and by creating more inclusive policies and diverse teams.
Investing in employee and candidate experience: Creating “moments that matter” for our employees and candidates can make or break performance and productivity. We are committed to creating meaningful work, building a supportive management and positive work environment, providing growth opportunities and a trust in leadership to supply to a positive employee experience.
Job Description Summary:
The Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will work closely with the Global DEI workstream leads to establish and execute on programs/processes and standard methodologies to support the cultivation of an inclusive culture at Guidewire. This individual will partner with members of the team to refine the ERG strategy, develop and lead diversity metrics, and implement diversity education and training that is meaningful, impactful and authentic. The Head of DEI will drive implementation of programs and activities based on corporate priorities and will serve as the liaison with internal businesses and functions - such as the People Team, Talent Management, Legal, Communications, Government Relations, and others. This role will ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion become part of the very fabric of our culture and is seen in our actions across the entire Guidewire ecosystem. This role reports into the SVP, Head of People and will be a critical member of the People Leadership Team.
- Provide diversity, equity and inclusion expertise guiding and coaching to foster a culture of accountability
- Partner People Business Partners to integrate DEI initiatives into Talent practices including performance management, leadership development, goal setting, total rewards, retention, Hi-Po programs, and mentoring programs.
- Help identify gaps and opportunities to improve performance on diversity and inclusion efforts
- Engage partners and stakeholders and provide mentorship and consultancy enabling them to implement diversity business plans
- Collaborate with key support functions to enhance and augment DEI capability
- Influence our DEI story collaboratively with the Marketing team to build the Guidewire brand as diverse, inclusive and equitable employer. Ensure messaging is embedded in the employer brand, policies and procedures, communications plans, client philosophy and community reach initiatives.
- Partner with communications teams to provide a presence the strategy which will bring more awareness around DEI and generate more understanding around the many different dimensions of diversity
- Run the governance of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and assist in the development of an ERG strategy to effectively impact the business, community engagement, workforce inclusion, and functional outcomes across various business process.
- Represent Guidewire externally at key DEI events. Build a strong network and presence in the DEI community.
- Work with the Learning and Organizational Effectiveness team to partner in the management of the DEI learning strategy and approach to implement experiential learning that allows participants to simulate experiences of those who are different from themselves
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+yrs of proven track record in the Diversity and inclusion space with direct engagement and management of DEI initiatives
- Champion organizational change and broader processes and practices
- Collaborate with others and leads in an ambiguous, changing environment
- Excellent project management and organization skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, while driving execution in a constantly evolving environment
- Proficient in developing executive level communications and presentations
- Ability to communicate optimal and coordinate activities among senior leaders
- Strong verbal and written communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Confidence partnering with all levels, from senior executives to entry level team members
- Ability to handle critical associate and business information with utmost confidentiality
- Ability to partner and work strategically with cross-functional teams to drive overall solutions, while appropriately handling issues and risks and large-scale organizational change.
- Easy to work, is passionate about building equal and equitable workplaces
- Knows how to have fun
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.