Senior Cloud Software Engineer , San Jose, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Jose, CA, USA
- Country: USA
InsuranceNow Product Development team at Guidewire has a great opportunity for you! You will play a significant role in coming up with next generation Cloud architecture for this already very successful product. This is an opportunity for someone to work with various multi-functional groups at Guidewire, including Cloud Operations, Professional Services, Infosec and legal teams.
This is an individual contributor position at a Senior level in Guidewire’s Product Development Organization.
What you would do:
- Collaborate with key individuals that includes product managers, architects and senior engineering management, across Product Development and Cloud Operations organizations for coming up with a modern Infrastructure and Application architecture.
- Lead the architecture definition for taking InsuranceNow application to a true SaaS model, by revamping existing architecture significantly, and adding new elements to the architecture.
- The new architecture will be based on Dockerizing existing application components, using Kubernetes, Istio, OAuth, etc. frameworks.
- Automation, scalability, high availability, optimal costs, ability to easily operate and support, are all first-class citizens of the architecture.
- Architecture need to factor secure multi-tenancy design, performance metrics, operational logging, self-healing and observability.
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Automated Testing pipelines for your work.
- Own, solve & resolve code defects
- Passionate about quality,mentoring junior candidates and in general a great teammate
What skills you need:
- Proven understanding of Public Cloud architecture: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- 10+ years of all overall software or infrastructure developer experience, with 5 years of it on building Cloud Architectures or applications using cloud architectures.
- AWS experience is highly preferred, but experience with Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud is also okay.
- Experience in building applications with distributed architecture, distributed databases is helpful.
- Must have commanding knowledge on high-availability, load balancing and auto-scaling concepts.
- Knowledge of SaaS concepts: zero down-time upgrades, blue/green deployments, testing of SaaS with customers, promotion of code from QA to Staging to Production, etc.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases is required.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code software tools is must: knowledge with Terraform, Cloud Formation is required. If not experienced in either one, Chef/Ansible/Puppet experience is acceptable.
- Proven understanding of Object-Oriented programming concepts: knowledge of Java, C++ or Python is a must.
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Coach and mentor other engineers technically. Ability to own the team for results.
- If you are certified AWS Developer or Architect (associate or professional level) or any other certification related Cloud Architecture, it will be a big bonus.
- Understanding of authentication, role-based access control (authorization) concepts and SIEM tools.
- Familiarity with APM, Log Management and metrics supervising systems.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.