Tech Lead, Site Reliability Engineering (Cloud Platform)
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead, Site Reliability Engineering to join our Cloud Data Platform team. Site reliability is a key responsibility and a highly visible hands-on role responsible for end to end ownership of application and platform availability, performance and scalability. SRE is a new team within Cloud Data Platform. This is an opportunity to define, build, evangelize, and optimize our SRE practices!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build and lead a diverse team of world-class engineers
- Maintain a 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability.
- Drive incidents to resolution by coordinating with multiple engineering teams
- Partner with other development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture.
- Understanding the near, mid, and long-term needs of the business and how the work of the team contributes
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services
- Improve our incident management lifecycle to identify, mitigate, and learn from reliability risks
- Form and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Develop deeper insights and analysis into the quality of experience for our customers
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and operations management teams across the Guidewire.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Maths or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of engineers
- You have led an Infrastructure or SRE team in a production operations context
- You have experience solving infrastructure problems with software
- You have a big-picture perspective on systems and tools
- You can collaborate with other engineering teams to understand their systems and help improve them
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, networking, storage, operating systems
- Experience with Java or Scala development experience, e.g., Java based Micro-services, REST APIs/gRPC
- Experience with AWS and its native services, e.g. RDS, EMR, Redshift, MSK, SNS, SQS
- Understand IaaS abstractions like Kubernetes/Cloud foundry/OpenShift
- Agile development methodologies
- Secure coding practices are a plus
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.