Senior Cloud Ops Engineer - Krakow, Poland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Krakow, Poland
- Country: Poland
Senior Software Engineer – Cloud Operations
Guidewire provides best-in-class software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We build the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers used to develop their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers.
We deliver SaaS solutions via Guidewire Cloud that enables our clients to rapidly innovate and drive measurable value. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security, and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
Cloud Operations teams focus on solving the deployment and upkeep of Guidewire software in the cloud for our customers. You would be working on a product platform based on Kubernetes built in-house and would be crafting solutions on top of this. Keeping our customer's environments running and balanced would be your mojo.
- Design, develop and work with customers to set up their environments using Guidewire Cloud Platform and standard methodologies
- Operate and develop high-available production environments in AWS
- Develop using terraform and can extend the capabilities of the platform where vital
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, uptime and response times
- Understand network topologies and partner with clients and relevant internal teams to improve delivery speed
- Efficiently fix cloud and Linux based systems
- Understand database concepts and ability to easily troubleshoot and support maintenance on Aurora RDS
- Follow and improve processes and guidelines to optimize delivery to customers
- Exert technical influence with our customers to refine standardization and explain the rationale behind it
- Balance multiple customer accounts
- Communicate clearly within the team and collaborate with other teams
- Collaborate with Product Development to provide technical context and explain operational implications of product decisions
What you need to be successful:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar industry technical skills
- Past work experience in a SaaS environment for large-scale enterprise
- Experience in building and running Build/CI software such as Jenkins/Teamcity/CircleCI/Concourse/Drone
- Working experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud-native technologies
- Strong experience in using public cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Solid Infrastructure as a Code experience (preferably Terraform)
- Comfortable with Linux system administration and bash scripting
- Experience in operating for large-scale distributed systems in the cloud
- An extraordinary teammate who can mentor less experienced colleagues
- Have a detailed problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of ownership and know-how to drive the implementation
- Excellent communication skills and able to balance customer needs with product capabilities
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.