Cloud Solution Architect - Remote Canada
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: Canada - Remote
As part of a customer’s implementation and/or transition to Guidewire Cloud, there is an opportunity for Guidewire to provide more strategic guidance to the customer’s cloud program. This engagement would cover guidance and provide solutions across a broad range of cloud related topics that includes Guidewire Cloud Platform, AWS, as well as potentially other cloud providers/solutions.
This role would be both for pre-sales assistance and post-sales engagement during the Inception Phase of a customer’s cloud program. Active engagement would decrease as the customer gets further along in the execution of their cloud program. It is important to note that this role is not a development role. This role is intended to serve as more of a cloud advisor or cloud architect.
As a Guidewire Cloud Solution Architect, you will be responsible for providing advisory services and architecture support to a customer’s cloud program. This will involve working closely with Guidewire Cloud customers and other teams within Guidewire. As part of this role, you will also help to enable other teams within the Guidewire organization around successful execution of cloud programs.
The job location will vary based on the location of Guidewire Cloud customers but will be global in nature. Travel requirements are estimated at up to 50% depending on the phase of the customer engagement but will be driven by customer demand and cloud program complexity.
- Serve as an expert to customers on Guidewire Cloud Platform
- Provide guidance to customers on security considerations as it relates to Guidewire Cloud Platform
- Provide guidance to customers on supported integration patterns as part of Guidewire Cloud Platform
- Provide direction and guidance to customers on Cloud Data Platform and Cloud Data Access. Position these solutions to help address customer data requirements.
- Support customer data migration strategies and provide guidance on supported migration patterns with Guidewire Cloud Platform and AWS
- Help to drive adoption of Guidewire Cloud Platform CICD capabilities
- Partner with Guidewire CCO and Product Development teams to influence prioritization of cloud capabilities
- Coordinate with Guidewire Cloud teams to provide timely resolutions to customer concerns
- Partner with AWS to help address specific customer questions or concerns where appropriate
- Guidewire Cloud Platform training/certification
- AWS certification
- Detailed knowledge and experience working with one or more cloud providers
- Demonstrated skill in working with customers, partners and other third parties on large, complex transformational programs
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization (including customer executives) within a customer’s IT organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams with effective decision making
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues to non-technical staff and executives
- Excellent facilitation skills
Nice to have:
- Guidewire InsuranceSuite experience
- P&C Insurance experience
- Knowledge in insurance business processes related to the P&C Insurance domain
- Diverse experience across a broad set of Guidewire customer implementations
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.