Senior Finance Business Process and System Analyst
- Department: Finance
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
This position will lead process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurements, accountability, analysis and discussion of process alternatives to arrive at best practices. He or she will work with Accounting/finance user groups to resolve process questions, assess user needs, and recommends changes to business processes to enable process efficiency, remove redundancy and introduce automation where possible. Additionally, this role will initiate and leads efforts to develop innovative solutions to unique and/or complex business challenges. Solutions may require coordination across the business as well as some coordination with other businesses, including multiple systems, or systems not directly controlled by the business. This person will educate others about process strategy and approach for how processes will be developed and maintained and provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance.
The overall role requires a strong set of Accounting, Communication skills; Collaborative and the ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives and manage competing priorities.
- Take charge of and prioritize improvement requests for the Finance team (Accounting, Procurement, A/P, Fixed Assets, G/L, Treasury Payroll, Tax, FP&A and Revenue)
- Partner with business user and Biz Technology on requirements, user acceptance testing planning and execution, and deployment
- Organize testing of new products and features, including User Acceptance Testing
- Document and maintain Finance process flows
- Track the dashboard for status reporting
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of process and/or project management, consulting, or related business experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Finance function process and system experience (Quote to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay, FP&A)
- Knowledge of process management/improvement; Lean Thinking, Six Sigma methodologies preferred
- Demonstrated improvement processes
- Proficient with technology: Oracle ERP including office applications, sales force automation, database systems, executing data imports, running exports, merging records, and running reports
- Experience in a company that has scaled or experience in both small and large software development organizations.
- Knowledge of Accounting and Accounting processes
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Quickly identify areas for improvement and participate in the development of appropriate new processes
- Able to work autonomously with minimal support
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Strong communication and negotiations/influencing skills
- Technical enough to be comfortable asking questions to dig into development issues; gather and synthesize information quickly; devise a plan and get agreement; and move towards resolution
- Maintain sight on the end goal, ensuring delivery alignment without compromising goals
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.