Strategic Sales Executive, LATAM
- Department: Go to Market
- Location: United States - Remote
Ready for a new challenge? Join Guidewire as a Regional Sales Director! We would love to see your background! The primary purpose of this role is to proactively sell our software, which is a core application systems delivered via cloud or on-premise to insurance P&C customers to achieve revenue, sales, and profit targets. This includes the frontline approach to new clients and the ongoing relationship management of existing clients for the generation of new and ongoing sales in the emerging insurer market.
Our sales and marketing teams are key to Guidewire's success. Our industry is undergoing a technology-led transformation, and our teams are vital partners to insurers in helping them plan for success. And, new sales revenue ensures we can continuously invest in our products and in scaling our growing company. So we see our sales and marketing teams as ambassadors in the marketplace helping to influence how Guidewire's brand is perceived!
Key activities for this role:
- Proactive development of existing and new business customers in assigned territory
- Build and maintain relationships with key prospects and decision makers.
- Build and maintain a 3X pipeline of opportunities within your defined territory to support your quota.
- Deliver new ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue) against a defined quota in USD.
- Maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilizing Guidewire's systems and procedures.
- Lead post-sale client relationships to improve product extension sales to existing customers
- Lead and personally undertake sales activities from initial contact until sale closure. This will include contacting new and existing clients face-to-face, as well as via telephone and electronically.
- Arrange and participate in technical and sales presentations to clients.
- Maintain a practical knowledge of Guidewire's underlying technology, products, and consulting services.
- Analyze competitor products and activities and provide input to marketing strategies and product development.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations while minimizing risks to Guidewire. Follow Guidewire procedures for quotation review and accept responsibility for the scope, accuracy, and success of these proposals.
- Present regular detailed reports to Guidewire leadership regarding sales and marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent Guidewire at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings, and other avenues to initiate sales of the Guidewire products.
- 5+years of demonstrated experience with enterprise software and sales
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the insurance P&C industry preferred
- Detailed understanding of the enterprise sales cycle
- Strong written and verbal communication, liaising, and representation skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to analyze market trends and business data to identify new market potential, and to use the data to generate and develop new business
- Proficient in spoken and written English, Portuguese, and Spanish
- U.S. resident, ideally located in Miami, FL
- Travel: this role covers a sales territory in the LATAM region, including Central America, South America, and the Caribbean. There will be approximately 60-70% travel (post Covid-19).
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.