- Department: Finance
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
The Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for supporting operational activities related to the procurement of indirect corporate goods and services, and management of assigned commodities. Supports Sourcing team, internal business partners in establishing indirect purchasing agreements, contracts, RFPs and various purchasing projects. Responsible for the day-to-day activities of every step of the procurement process in the purchase of goods and services. Coordination of operational activities, such as Purchase Requisition (PR) assignment, Purchase Order (PO)creation/processing, managing contract documentation, insurance documentation, and Vendor Onboarding,
· Manage Procurement que in Coupa by assigning Purchase Requisitions, processing Purchase Orders, running reports out of Coupa.
· Support Sourcing team in various activities like processing change orders, closing PO’s, entering contracts, preparing NDA’s and assisting in various projects as needed.
· Engage with end users to train them on Procurement processes and procedures. Advise and problem solve as needed
· Maintain systems critical to the Purchase to Pay process like Supplier Onboarding, Contracts System, Supplier Diversity and Sharepoint
· Enforce vendor policies, guidelines, processes, and tools
· Work with AP team to resolve payment issues
· Ensure consistency of company vendor practices via documentation, communication, and cross-group education throughout the company
· 2-3 years’ Experience (Indirect Purchase of Goods and Services)
· Operational knowledge of Purchase to Pay process
· General understanding of supplier management principles
· Experience w/Office 365
· Good analytical skills
· Good communication skills both written and oral to a variety of audiences
· BA degree (Business Administration)
· Coupa, Sharepoint experience a plus
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.