Our revenue assurance team plays an integral role with regard to Guidewire’s current operations, our growth objectives, and the broader finance organization. Revenue assurance has an important seat at the table with the CEO, CFO and the Sales leadership team as it relates to deals, new products, licensing, and business model expansion. We operate in 20 countries today with plans to drive our growth through organic initiatives as well as acquisitions and partnerships. Our revenue team will be evolving. The revenue team receives a lot of exposure with opportunities to influence the long term direction of the company including how we license and sell our software, consulting, and cloud services.
- Own transaction processing, monthly close and account reconciliations of revenue, deferred revenue
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached
- Collaborate with FP&A to analyze forecast versus actual revenue, deferred revenue
- Partner with legal, sales and sales operations cross-functional teams to ensure quote to cash process functions smoothly and efficiently
- Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for on-going revenue accounting activities.
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures and controls
- Provide support to the sales organization and finance/accounting teams in regards to revenue
- Review and preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for revenue as well as various deferral and reserve entries
- Prepare schedules to support monthly reviews, quarterly audit and external reporting processes
- Review Invoices and customer account. Work closely with cross functional organization to resolve and support customer billing issues/inquiries
- Participate in month end close activities by ensuring sales transactions are recorded accurately in accordance with US GAAP
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Provide input for on-going development and improvement on systems and operation process
- Assist Managers in performing internal control procedures to ensure SOX compliance
- Assist in external audit team regarding all quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Prepare ad hoc analysis, when needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 + years of Accounting and Operations experience required
- Knowledge of ASC 606 revenue accounting
- Solid planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service skills is required, as well as eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment. Must be a team player and self-starter.
- Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills; and Independently take ownership to manage assigned tasks
- Systems experience or desire to learn new systems (Oracle ERP and Salesforce)
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.