Software Engineer – Data Engineering , San Jose, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Jose, CA, USA
- Country: USA
Guidewire's development team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Software Engineer to build elegant solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better.
InsuranceNow product development team at Guidewire has an exciting opportunity for you! InsuranceNow product is an all-in-one core, data analytics and digital engagement system that provides comprehensive insurance business functionality. We are looking for mid to senior level experienced engineer, who will play a significant role in enhancing our Data and Analytics offering. If you don’t have any background in insurance domain, please don’t worry. We already have lot of folks with insurance domain knowledge, and they will collaborate with you to leverage the best of your skills., while you ramp up on insurance domain knowledge.
You will be part of highly collaborative team which leverages agile development methodology, pair programming and have fun with what they do every single day. You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that are mission-critical to several Property and Casualty Insurance companies.
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- A desire to work collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team.
- Experience working in an agile development environment. (e.g. TDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- A passion for code quality demonstrated by thorough testing.
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code.
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve.
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others.
Key qualifications for the specific position are:
- Core Java, Object-Oriented Software Design and problem solving skills
- 3-5 years of experience with building data warehouse, data lake, and must have worked building complex and high-performance ETL systems using Java.
- Solid understanding of SQL and relational databases. Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL is highly desired, but experience with any other relational database is sufficient.
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- Agile development practices.
- Cloud Services (e.g. AWS) knowledge is a huge plus.
- Experience with data modeling, Analytics/Business Intelligence tools such as Looker, Microsoft BI, Tableau, SAP Business Objects is a strong plus.
- Basic knowledge of data science, statistics, and search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Lucene/Solr is a plus.
- A typical candidate has some experience with Computer Science or equivalent.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.