AWS Infrastructure Engineer
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: Chennai, India
- Country: India
Infrastructure AWS Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer, who can provide scalable solutions and work independently and be a good team player.
This individual will be also responsible for the day-to-day operations, administering, monitoring, troubleshooting, automation, and configuration of Windows/VMware/Linux servers in AWS and on-prem.
This individual will manage and resolve service requests via ServiceNow ticketing system and work closely with internal teams (DevSecOps, Infrastructure, Networking, UC, and AV) and support other customers like Information Security.
· Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on Linux/Windows/ESXi
systems, using tools like SCCM, Satellite, Spacewalk
· Maintain OS configuration using Configuration Management tools like Ansible
· Support file/printer servers and manage AD resource permissions
· Manage external digital certificate requests and external DNS provider
· Participate in Data Center consolidation, and migration to the cloud (AWS)
· Provide hands on operational support for Firewalls, Routers, Switches and associated Security related devices.
· Investigate and resolve network and security incidents
· Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
· Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
· Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
· Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
· Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
· Design and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for system administration activities
· Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
· Must be able to participate in periodic on-call rotation
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision, is self-motivated and able to define, plan and implement long-term goals, tasks and projects
· BS in Computer Science or Engineering or information systems or related field (or equivalent experience) required
· Good understanding of AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, Route53 and Kubernetes
· 7+ years Windows/VMware/Linux systems administration experience
· Scripting skills: highly skilled in a at least two typical scripting languages (shell/bash, PowerShell, Perl, python, ruby)
· Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Satellite, Spacewalk etc.
· Experience designing and maintaining AWS-based systems
· Experience configuring Linux/Windows guests in a VMware ESXi environment
· Experience supporting Microsoft Exchange, preferably in a hybrid environment
· Strong understanding of Active Directory and related technologies, especially DNS and DHCP
· A thorough understanding and management of Microsoft applications: ADFS, PKI, SCOM, KMS, MBAM, RDS, IIS, and SQL
· 2+ years of Office 365 experience including migrations from on-premises highly desired
· A full understanding of Microsoft Office 365 administration and experience supporting complex environments with emphasis on Exchange and SharePoint Online
· In-depth knowledge related to the Office 365 applications and features including Azure Directory
· Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment
· Windows client OS image building (preferably using MDT) is a plus
· SCCM experience for patch management, application deployment, and OS deployment is a plus
· Knowledge of SSO integration between Office 365 and major SSO providers like Okta
· Good understanding of Cisco switches, DMVPN, Palo Alto Network firewall
· Comfortable working with third parties and managed service providers
· Strong knowledge related to email security (SPF, DKIM, and DMARC) and security best practices in general and mail client/server troubleshooting
· Strong documentation skill, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
· Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential
· Jamf experience for MACs management is a plus
· Any Linux (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC), AWS certifications or Office 365 MCSA will be plus
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.