Senior Consultant, Strategic Advisory
- Department: Go to Market
- Location: United States - Remote
Strategic Advisory is a specialised department within Guidewire that focuses on supporting customers through their entire core transformation lifecycle to identify, communicate, and realize business value. Through collaboration with all groups within Guidewire and close collaboration with customers, Strategic Advisory is able to translate the business impact and business preparedness of technology transformation into business value.
This Senior Consultant, Strategic Advisory role will be focused on identifying business impacts, optimization opportunities, and potential value drivers related to cloud readiness and upgrades. This role will be integral in establishing the strategy, processes, engagement model, and deliverables related to these engagement. Due to the strategic nature of these efforts, the individual must be creative, analytical, and personable. He or she must:
· Quickly understand process issues and problems;
· Be an expert at active listening, gently directing conversations, and generating consensus;
· Be sensitive and responsive to the needs of the customer and the Guidewire sales representative;
· Credibly outline examples of value and best practices from Guidewire experience;
· Continuously drive collaboration across all organizations at Guidewire, including but not limited to Sales, Services, Solution Consulting, Product Development, etc.
· Present findings in a form that is both visually appealing and intellectually compelling
In addition to leading Value Consulting engagements, responsibilities may include the following:
· Conduct introduction conversations with customers considering cloud and/or a product upgrade to introduce Strategic Advisory concepts and methodology;
· Facilitate value consulting by helping customers define and quantify value of Guidewire solutions through business cases and other deliverables
· Manage customer relationships through and beyond their upgrade and cloud transition, with a focus on building enduring partnerships;
· Advocate for Guidewire’s value orientation internally, especially for Cloud evaluations, serving as a go-to resource for sales, marketing, professional services, and product management teams
· Advance the state of the Strategic Advisory team (e.g. contribute to processes, tools, methodology, and organizational development)
This role will require 40% - 60% travel.
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting or functional sales consulting, with a focus on uses/application of technology
- Exceptional executive presence, communication (both oral and written) skills, and presentation skills
- Comfortable leading large group discussions with senior stakeholders
- High analytical aptitude and consultative mind-set to expand technology transformation into people, process, and best practice opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to create visually compelling presentation material
- Ability to think very quickly "on your feet" and make directional adjustments accordingly
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the property/casualty insurance or financial services industry
- Experience with large scale cloud deployments and development of the associated strategy
- Experience selling and/or implementing enterprise software
- Previous workshop facilitation experience
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.