PMO Project Manager, Professional Services - US-Remote
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: United States - Remote
Guidewire is looking for a Project Manager in the Professional Service PMO Office to provide internal visibility into our programs and projects which in turn will allow for gaining insights into our project opportunities. This person will provide enablement support to our field consultants and will be responsible for internal PMO dashboards, managing project red calls, and auditing internal project data. They will also be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and training on all project management processes and standards, ensuring consistency of practices established by the PMO. They should be proficient in communicating and collaborating with internal and external customers, vendors, team members, and sponsors. The Project Manager must be able to work both independently but also as a team leader and team member.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day activities in the PMO to ensure projects meet organization goals and requirements.
- Define project processes, tools, and standards on what needs to be done and how
- Create project process documentation, educate/train project team members and stakeholders on processes, and will continually improve, update and enhance the process
- Determine data needs to support decision making, set up mechanisms for collecting the data and critically examining the data, while also turning it into meaningful information that can be used by leadership for decision making
- Provide PMO Metrics and dashboard reporting showing consolidated information on key indicators
- Conduct project audits
- Facilitate the PMO Lessons Learned process
- Facilitate PMO meetings, red and yellow calls, including identification of action items and follow up
- Report on compliance of delivery teams for project status reporting and project data
- Document project management best practices for the organization
- Evaluate industry tools to support program and project management, and Guidewire’s SurePath Methodology
- Work with Guidewire’s International Teams
- Travel ~50%, including some international
- 3- 5+ years of Project/Program Management experience on Agile Projects
- Experience in establishing and creating Project Management collateral
- Demonstrated skill in working with implementation partners, and managing large multi-functional projects including software package implementations and information architecture
- Strong leadership skills
- Follows Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies to ensure complete, documented deliverables, controls, issue resolution, risk mitigation, etc
- Very strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal)
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills within challenging situations
- Ability to get up to speed quickly in new situations
- Ability to function successfully within fast paced, high stress projects
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in both business and IT areas
- Experience working with onshore and offshore resources
- Technical knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with effective decision making
- Comfortable and confident in working with all levels of the organization
Ability to effectively communicate complex issues to non-technical staff and executive level management
Nice to have:
- P&C Insurance experience
- Cloud implementation experience(AWS,Azure, Google Cloud)
- Vendor management experience is a plus
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Knowledge in insurance business processes related to the Property and Casualty Insurance domain
- Has agile certifications: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agilest (SA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- BS or BA Degree
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.