Senior Integration Engineer – Mulesoft
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: Chennai, India
- Country: India
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer centric.
Our Business Technology team is seeking a Senior Engineer to join the team developing Enterprise Integrations (EI) and BI/Analytics solutions on our best-of-class cloud integration and data platforms. Your contributions in developing these solutions will directly impact mission-critical business processes that run our business.
As a senior Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for hands-on coding to meet the objectives for your project assignments. You will ensure delivery of the project roadmap while producing sustainable, reusable, well-tested code that meets our internal agile software development standards. You must effectively manage the engineering function for your assigned project to ensure its successfully delivery to production. As a senior Engineer you must foster strong working relationships with team members and internal business partners to effectively manage priorities and ensure success of your projects.
To be successful at this position, you must be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while keeping a good sense of humor. You have good interpersonal communication skills, are team-oriented and, thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Proven track record of leading delivery of enterprise integration and/or BI/analytics solutions
· Support design, development, testing, and enhancements of enterprise integration solutions utilizing architectural patterns like API-led, microservices, pub/sub, request/response, streaming and batch
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with team members clearly and precisely, verbally and written within the agile framework to meet the sprint planning objective
· Independently research and design integration solutions by documenting individual modules and/or components to explain their function, responsibility, and execution per the project and business requirements.
· Deliver high quality, well written code that is quickly understood and easily supported and maintained by others.
· Creating detailed documentation like conceptual and physical architecture, high level design, detailed design, deployment guide, operations manual and test case document
· Present and communicate complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
· Bachelor’s in computer sciences, Information Management or related fields
· 5+ years of hands-on development experience implementing integration solutions
· Minimum 3 years of MuleSoft Platform development and design experience is a must
· Minimum 3 years of experience with persistence layers like MS-SQL, Oracle, Snowflake, etc. preferred
· Excellent knowledge of web services, APIs, microservices and related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth
· Experience using Mulesoft Anypoint Platform – API Manager, Runtime Manager, Exchange, Flow Designer etc.
· Experience with event-based message queue design patterns
· Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions and communicate fluently with business users, technical staff and management
· Experience with using integration apis of enterprise business applications like Workday, Salesforce, Oracle Financials, Coupa, Concur, etc. preferred
· Good organization and problem-solving skills
· Experience developing in an Agile software development environment (Scrum)
· Experience with Jenkins and CI tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
· Willingness to learn and master unfamiliar technologies and/or concepts
· Excellent verbal and written technical documentation skills
Nice to haves:
· Working knowledge of BI/Analytics solutions will be a plus
· Mulesoft 4 experience
· MuleSoft developer certification will be a plus
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.