Strategic Sales Executive , Remote, MA
- Department: Go to Market
- Location: Bedford, MA, USA
The primary purpose of the Strategic Sales Executive is to proactively sell the Company’s Insurance suite applications, to achieve revenue and sales targets. This includes the frontline approach to new clients and the ongoing relationship management of existing clients for the generation of new and ongoing sales.
Key activities for the Strategic Sales Executive include:
- Proactive development of existing and new business within assigned customers list
- Build and maintain relationships with key prospects and decision makers at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilizing the Company’s systems and procedures.
- Manage post-sale client relationships to maximize product extension sales to existing customers
- Lead and personally undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure. This will include contacting new and existing clients face-to-face as well as via telephone and electronically.
- Schedule, arrange, organize and participate in technical and sales presentations to clients.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of the Company’s underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services.
- Analyze competitor products and activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow Company procedures for quotation review and accept responsibility for the scope, accuracy and winning of these proposals.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the Company’s products
- Understand and leverage the customers Eco System to create, advance and drive sales opportunities
Required skills/experience include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with enterprise software sales and cloud solutions.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the Insurance industry preferred
- Understanding of both Self-Managed Solutions and Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud Solutions
- Thorough understanding of the enterprise sales cycle and show a methodical approach to moving opportunities through this cycle
- Well-developed oral communication, liaison, consultative and representation skills
- Well-developed writing skills and the ability to proofread own material and that of others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze market trends and business data to identify new market potential.
- Approximately 50% overnight travel for customer meetings nationwide within the US can be expected, with week to week variance. Guidewire promotes flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.