Software Engineer in Test, Data Science & Analytics - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Analytics and Data Services
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
About Guidewire Cyence Risk Analytics
Guidewire’s Cyence Risk Analytics helps insurers and other financial institutions to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence builds insights that help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities, and develop new products. To learn more about Cyence, visit https://www.guidewire.com/products/cyence.
Software Engineer in Test
As a key member of the Guidewire-Cyence QA team your responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop test strategies focusing on data validation and testing data pipelines
- Create robust tests that can be run/executed repeatedly in a specific cadence to test data
- Automate test cases using Java – Selenium
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve the bugs
- Participate in test case reviews and provide feedback to peers
- Participate actively in functional, system, automation and regression testing activities for all product release
- Collaborate effectively with product and development teams to solve complex problems and deliver end-to-end quality in our products in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 3-5 years of experience in working in a similar role
- Hands-on experience with testing and analyzing Data
- Experience and working knowledge of ML and AI concepts
- Experience with SaaS/cloud web apps and HTML5 web apps
- Hands-on experience with writing SQL for relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Understanding of REST based API testing and JSON
- Experience with testing a large complex software system that has varied customer deployments
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity in using test and defect tracking tools such as TestRail and JIRA
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.