Enterprise Business Operations Program Manager (with Pricing Expertise)
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
The Enterprise Business Operations Program Manager (with Pricing Expertise) is responsible for helping with execution of our corporate initiatives that improve our business operations. This individual must be a natural communicator who can bridge gaps and gain consensus and trust between business stakeholders across the company, analyze complex problems and data, build insightful solutions and ultimately, deliver demonstrable, sustainable value. Pricing expertise is also a requirement as this role is responsible for the analysis of complex data sets, market and competitive landscape and outlook, product innovation roadmaps, and pricing performance to derive insights into pricing recommendations.
· Direct and manage projects from beginning to end including scope definition, business case development, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, implementation, testing and enablement. Manage project meetings, plans, issues log and status updates.
· Develop and lead change management and communications efforts
· Work with general managers, product management, sales, marketing and pricing operations to analyze business, product, competitive and market data to generate pricing recommendations
· Stay abreast of industry trends to support pricing strategies
· Develop tools to forecast and support pricing analysis and execution (reports showing price effect on revenue, margin and profitability; ROI calculators to help sales show value to customer; post launch reports showing pricing effectiveness)
· Develop and manage plans to execute on new pricing strategies and changes
· 7+ years pricing analysis
· 5+ years project/program management leading business transformation or information systems technology implementations
· Strategic mindset and orientation. Can effectively look out several years and project industry, business and operational implications, trends, risks, uncertainties and/or opportunities.
· Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management/executive decision-making.
· Ability to illustrate key concepts through process descriptions, workflows and other visual diagrams
· Effective problem solving. Can see the big picture while also able to understand the details and mitigate problems to successful results.
· Understanding of end-to-end product development, cloud operations and/or service delivery for a SaaS company
· Ability to interface and build relationships effectively with all levels of management and across disciplines
· Effective listening, verbal and written communication
· Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
· Highly motivated and equally comfortable working independently or on a team to drive solutions with minimal supervision
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field. MBA a plus.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.