- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: United States - Remote
Guidewire is seeking an experienced Cloud Architect to support the design, implementation, and on-going maintenance of our Cloud Solutions. Your job will be to help ensure that our services, applications, and websites are available, performant and highly automated. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background managing Cloud Applications.
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles resulting in a scalable, reliable, performant, and maintainable platform
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope, requirements, and the architecture of our AWS hosted service
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners and management to understand requirements, define and implement best practices and standards
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Discuss and defend architecture decisions with team of other architects
- Mentor other team members and help them self-service their deployments on new features
- Participate as the highest escalation point in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Extensive experience with at least one programming language such as Python, Go or similar
- Hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, IAM, EKS, etc.)
- Strong understanding of AWS security and monitoring; experience implementing best practices
- Extensive experience using CI-CD tools(git, Docker, Jenkins)
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes and surrounding technologies: Nginx Ingress, Istio, Calico, Helm
- Experience with micro services or service-oriented architecture
- Experience managing and maintaining Tomcat web applications
- Extensive experience with scripting and debugging on both Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of MySQL and non-SQL data stores
- Highly proficient in Linux/Unix, Shell and Python
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 - 7 years of related Industry experience required
- 5or more years of experience in Git, Jenkins
- 4or more years of experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- 5or more years of experience supporting industry standard core CI-CD infrastructure components: Nexus/Artifactory, Code Coverage tools, Security tools etc
- 5or more years of experience with logging infrastructure such as ELK/EKC, SumoLogic, Splunk, LogStash.
- 5 or more years of experience with automation frameworks such as: Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- 5or more years of experience implementing systems within a complex secure network in AWS Cloud and various communication methods
- 5 or more years of experience Automation/DevOps experience
- 7or more years of experience with Python, Perl, Shell, UNIX/LINUX experience
- 3 or more years of experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, Zabbix, Pagerduty
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.