Senior Financial Analyst- San Mateo, California
- Department: Finance
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is seeking a SeniorFinancial Analyst to join the Corporate FP&A team. The FP&A team plays an integral role in providing the data and analyses behind critical strategic and operational decisions. You will be part of setting budgets and forecasts for internal operations and helping with setting guidance and communicating with Wall Street analysts and investors. The team is also responsible for creating the long-term operating plan, implementing and maintaining systems to measure the business and ad hoc analyses that touch all aspects of the business. The FP&A team has high exposure to our executive team and business leaders, and many opportunities to influence the long-term direction of the company.
This role will provide key support to the Senior Director of FP&A. We are looking for someone who is a fast learner and takes pride in producing high-quality work at a high rate. You must be an Excel power user and love the challenges that come with building sound financial models. Primary responsibilities will be the consolidation of our budgets and forecasts, maintenance of our long-range plan, and administration of our EPM system. In order to excel in this role, we are seeking someone that has these attributes: intellectual curiosity, relentless drive to continually learn and improve, self-motivated, excellent analytical and Excel modeling skills, attention to detail, and a team-first attitude.
- Be the finance representative of multiple G&A departments (e.g. Business Technology, Facilities, Legal, HR, and Recruiting) to set the budget and track performance. Ensure effective business partnering and communication across groups and with finance as each team drives toward their separate goals.
- Develop processes, infrastructure, and tools to enable world-wide resource planning, project level tracking, performance indicators, and portfolio planning
- Consolidate the current year budget and forecast of all departments, providing a CEO/CFO view of the company’s performance.
- Work across the worldwide finance team to develop, prepare, and deliver accurate, timely, and insightful management reporting including executive and Board level presentations. Be able to glean the story out of the numbers and build reports in a scalable way.
- Administrate our financial planning tool (EPM) Adaptive Insights. Drive systems improvements that enable the team to operate more efficiently and effectively. This will include enhancing the functionality and utility of our current system through process improvements, modeling and dashboard creation.
- Maintain and improve upon the Long-Range Planning model which will drive company-wide operational and strategic decisions.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis & projects as needed to support business needs.
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experienced business partner with history supporting senior leaders of the IT, HR, Facilities groups
- Strong analytical capabilities – ability to produce quick and high-quality analysis and presentation materials with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Robust financial modeling experience with ability to understand and construct financial models
- Set up financial models and templates in a well thought out manner. Needs to be able to create a repeatable process and more importantly, have the desire to continually improve the models and processes as business evolves
- Strong organizational skills and ability to structure complicated problems, develop hypotheses, mine data and deliver insightful recommendations
- Detailed oriented with ability to prioritize work, navigate ambiguity and produce high quality work product with limited guidance
- Collaborative work ethic with ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, business or engineering with high achievement, or equivalent work experience is required
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in FP&A
- Deep experience with an EPM system is a plus
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.