Cloud Product Manager - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
Guidewire provides market-leading software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We build the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to create their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via Guidewire Cloud that enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable ROI. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
Enabling the GW Cloud is a Microservice Platform that provides the platform and tools to power our DevOps delivery model, along with tools for measuring value of overall cloud platform delivery based on velocity of development and delivery of stable, secure, scalable solutions. It also includes common services that are leveraged by products throughout the product portfolio. In this role as a Technical Product Manager you will be responsible to -
What you’ll do:
- Define product roadmaps and determine features for each release
- Work closely with the development organization through design, testing, and product release to deliver features
- Strategize with engineering leadership on process updates to improve velocity
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors and internal engineering and operations teams through the design, development, testing, product release, and maintenance of the product to ensure its quality and successful delivery
- Collaborate with all teams to drive revenue growth, customer adoption and customer satisfaction goals - define and agree on goals to measure success
- Should be able to collaborate and write requirements with clear acceptance criteria that can be easily consumed by the engineering team
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment
- Basic understanding of AWS services is a requirement
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time as and when necessary
What we are looking for in this role:
- Ability to manage complex initiatives with limited supervision.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, GPC or Azure) infrastructure at scale.
- Understanding of Containerization and Container orchestration (Docker & Kubernetes) is a must.
- Experience with definition and analysis of metrics that inform the success of products
- Seek and understand the needs of your customers/stakeholders and translate them in to OKRs for your team.
- Experience with GUI development and usability
- Understanding of blue-green, canary deployments, rolling updates and zero downtime updates.
- Ability to clearly articulate product requirements and prioritize enhancement requests
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical major. MBAs preferred.
- Familiarity with JIRA and AHA desired
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.