Senior/ Cloud Native Software Engineer - Mississauga, ON - Canada
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Mississauga, Canada
- Country: Canada
Guidewire provides best-in-class software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We build the core applications that Property & Casualty insurers use to create their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via Guidewire Cloud that enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable value. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
As a member of Guidewire's Build Tools and Infrastructure Team, you will have a critical role helping to design, develop, and manage our cloud-based tools and infrastructure for CI/CD. In particular, you will help operationalize Cloud Common Services, our DevOps delivery model for improving the velocity of development teams to deliver stable, secure, scalable solutions with a fast feedback cycle.
- Design, develop and support CI/CD and Build tools on Kubernetes-based Microservices platform in AWS, focusing on Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD practices
- Understand and educate teams on CI/CD pipeline leading practices
- Reduce friction and time taken, and produce quality metrics for application teams
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of our products and systems
- Work on an agile team, pair programming, and the achievement of critical goals and objectives
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, up-time, and response times of the platform
- Communicate effectively within the team and collaborate with other teams
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
- Rapidly absorb new technologies and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- 4+ years of work experience in an enterprise SaaS environment
- Experience building and managing Build/CI software such as Jenkins, Teamcity, CircleCI, Concourse, Drone, etc.
- Experience building software using Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud native technologies
- Strong experience using public cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Comfort with Linux system administration and bash scripting
- Ability to program using Go, Python, Java or equivalent
- Have agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience designing, analyzing, and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about doing quality work, mentoring less experienced colleagues, and being a great partner
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.