Program Director - Cloud Applications, San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
Guidewire is widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the property and casualty insurance industry. Our software offers insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks.
As a Program Director - Cloud Applications, will be responsible for delivery of critical cross functional and organization initiatives. You will be required to drive and coordinate large, highly sophisticated platform and cloud service initiatives. The ideal candidate thrives in a sophisticated environment and enjoys connecting strategy to execution. You will work with senior leaders in engineering, product management, user experience, operations, and professional services. To be a success in this role you will need to have a fact-based judgment making style, well developed negotiation skills, have an ability to influence and show good analytical and leadership skills.
Demonstrating a combination of interpersonal skills and structured planning abilities, as Program Manager you will assume a wide range of responsibilities.
These responsibilities include:
- Project Delivery. You will be driving delivery of high criticality projects involving multiple functions of engineering and departments of the organization as a whole. You will be responsible for identifying dependencies, gaps, risks and mismatches in expectations as early as possible. You will create alignment across departments, ensuring that the entire value chain is connected and delivered. You will emphasize quality as a key aspect of all deliverables and establish quality gates to reduce surprises downstream.
- Continuous Improvement. You will establish new patterns and guidelines for crafting consistent engagement for deliverables from product development. You will supervise and track progress towards established critical metrics, and transparently maintain and communicate progress through effective tools and processes.
- Strategic Alignment. You will connect high level strategic goals to execution, making sure the contributions of multiple teams are greater than the sum of their parts. You must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as the "big" picture.
- Team Communication. We value open communication and transparent, agile processes. As Program Manager, you will be responsible for clearly articulating the plan of record, making sure that all partners are aligned around expectations, in both scope and timeline.
What you get to do in this role :
- Drive delivery (functional and technical) of key team, organizational and cross functional initiatives. Collaborate with development, product management, other engineering teams and Ops to design, scope, and deliver features
- Track and surface cross-product software inter dependencies
- Facilitate the delivery of software to early adopters
- Create project / release plans, and roadmaps
- Coordinate multiple engineering programs simultaneously
- Facilitate driving product decisions to align with higher company initiatives
- Help influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Manage expectations, track deliverables, and present reports to leadership
- Guide and manage the usage of agile methodologies to simplify project delivery
- Proactively take ownership of issues / problems until they are successfully resolved
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years Program Management experience leading complex, multi-dimensional projects
- Membership of a recognized Program Management body would be an advantage (e.g. PMI, I.P.M.A)
- Insurance industry knowledge and experience would be a plus
- Demonstrable experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to lead through influence and connecting the dots between strategy, organization, program, and project.
- Comfortable working with, making pitches to, and facilitating decisions with senior leaders and executives based on evolving priorities. Able to ask the right questions and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to mobilize, encourage, and lead internal and external teams without direct management authority.
- Ability to craft and lead strategic planning. Can communicate why we are doing something.
- Ability to develop new methods and processes that result in ability to consistently achieve program goals.
- Ability to make good decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects across multiple locations with minimal supervision
- Have an understanding of basic cloud terminology
- Highly organized with outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, positive, and the ultimate teammate.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree (preferred).
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.