Java Technical Lead, (CAPS) Madrid - Spain
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Country: Spain
Java Technical Lead (Cloud Assurance Production Services)
(Java Developer, Technical Consultant, People Manager)
The Cloud Assurance Production Services team provides experienced Guidewire consultants to work with customer organizations as part of their post-production delivery solution. Whether it’s managing all their post-production work, or as part of a customer/partner team, CAPS Production Services offers a reliable solution that will continue to deliver success for a customers Guidewire Cloud deployment.
We are looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented lead software developer, based in our Madrid office, to join a growing global team at the forefront of Guidewires move to the cloud.
What we do?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, mission-critical to the business, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. We provide a Guidewire Cloud platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which provides our customers with the freedom to accelerate their business, and an ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 300 customers in more than 50 countries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic lead technical consultant who is passionate about building high quality software and ensuring the success of our new & existing Guidewire Cloud customers. You will be responsible for the technical leadership of the growing Cloud Assurance team in Madrid as well as the career development of a small team of more junior consultants. Through your leadership and guidance, along with the support of the global Cloud Assurance team, you will play an important senior role in the team with opportunities to directly influence day-to-day best practices to better support Guidewire Cloud customers.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You'll work alongside and learn from intelligent colleagues while also having opportunities to demonstrate your own leadership skills and mentor other junior colleagues. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are looking for a skilled and motivated senior software developer to help grow this.
Successful consulting leads at Guidewire typically are:
- Experienced leaders with an ability to mentor and inspire others through coaching and career management practices.
- Leading on projects – acting as overall technical lead, working with the customer and your team to deliver enhancements and defect fixes to production
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focused on advocating for and writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
- Interested in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Curious and have internal motivation to constantly improve
- Confident communicators, with the comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- An ability to work independently within a team
- People management experience working with a small team to help define career development goals for individual team members
- Experience working with customer teams to understand business objectives and functional requirements
- Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
- Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
The ideal candidate will share and be delighted by our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.