Machine Learning Engineer, Analytics and Data Services
- Department: Analytics and Data Services
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: USA
Ready for a new challenge? Join Guidewire as a Machine Learning Engineer! We would love to see your background! Our Machine Learning team here at Guidewire is responsible for building Machine Learning Systems and Tools that make Guidewire products more intelligent and helps deliver analytics at scale. We are constantly faced with results-oriented challenges in the areas of Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Risk Modeling and Operational Analytics.
RESPONSIBILITIES WE LOOK FOR INCLUDE:
- Define, models and solve real world, ambitious, insurance problems using various data-driven approaches.
- A passion for Designing, building, and testing models and deploying them into production.
- Design and implement tools and frameworks to be used across various machine learning and data science teams.
- A strong desire to help build the next generation Machine Learning platform that will be used by internal and external Guidewire customers.
- Identify areas where we can apply Machine Learning at Guidewire and work with product managers and domain specialists to produce and end to end solution.
- Work in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment to help us deliver high quality software.
SUCCESSFUL ML ENGINEERS AT GUIDEWIRE TYPICALLY HAVE:
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Over 2 years of validated experience in a data science or ML engineering role.
- Solid understanding of ML techniques (parametric and non-parametric models, clustering, anomaly detection, evaluation metrics, interpretability methods).
- Validated statistics and modeling knowledge.
- Experience with languages used for Machine Learning experiment/implementation such as Python and frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Experience with Amazon AWS services such as EC2, EMR, S3, SageMaker.
- Experience building and productionizing end-to-end machine learning pipelines.
- Huge plus if you have experience working with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Strong knowledge of ground breaking NLP models like LSTMs, Transformers (BERT, GPT-3).
- Excellent coding skills in Scala or other Functional Programming Languages.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code is a huge plus
- Understanding of the P&C insurance industry
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.