Director, Site Reliability Engineering - Remote
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: United States - Remote
We are looking for an experienced Director, Site Reliability Engineering to join our Customer and Cloud Operations team.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Site reliability is a key responsibility and this highly visible leadership role will be responsible for end to end ownership of application and platform availability, performance and scalability. This role will lead a culturally diverse and globally located teams of engineers and operators. In addition, you will assist in defining and executing pivotal initiatives related to modernization of our solutions. You will be responsible for hiring, process, and technology definition aspects of your organization. Establishing effective relationship with other groups will be a critical factor in your role.
- Build and lead the SRE function that owns application availability and performance. Build tools to lead through automation and proactive/predictive alerts by having a strong data analytical tool set to identify areas of improvement
- Implement comprehensive service monitoring to ensure uptime and performance, including synthetic, real user, system, application performance, dashboards etc.
- Define, measure, and meet key Service Level Objectives including availability, performance, incidents and chronic problems
- Stand up a capacity planning team from scratch that defines a framework to regularly measure customer site performance and capacity and ensuring that there is no downtime due to capacity.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Partner with application and business stakeholders to ensure high quality product is developed and released into production
- Work closely with Architecture, Customers and Product to specify and document solutions and practices.
- Build a DevOps culture to provide high quality, continuous operations, and ongoing support ensuring critical service level metrics, customer requirements and financial objectives.
- Encourage and build teams that work together without silos
- Lead teams with a focus on productivity, efficiency, respect, and cultural sensitivity
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience combined with strong management and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of modern cloud technologies and standard methodologies for monitoring and logging.
- Experience running revenue generating applications in a public cloud and IaaS, including real world experience with at least one public cloud provider: AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
- Experience building, scaling, and running production operations.
- Strong troubleshooting experience and skillset to resolve incidents across multiple domains.
- Ability to cultivate and support a strong operations culture: customer/service focus excellent technology; high quality implementations; self-motivated innovation and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability of establishing and maintaining metrics-based process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong alliances with those outside of your immediate organization
- Experience in building and managing strong technical teams
- Excellent communications, organization, and time management skills
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.