Technical Solution Consultant / Sales Engineer
- Department: Go to Market
- Location: Bedford, MA, USA
Ready for a new challenge? Join Guidewire as a Solution Consultant! We would love to see your background! At Guidewire, our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, critical to the business, and difficult to get right. We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 380 customers in more than 32 countries, executing more than 455 Guidewire product implementations.
Our sales and marketing teams are critical to Guidewire's success. For one, the revenue from new sales ensures that we have the funding required to continuously invest in our products and in scaling our growing company. Secondly, our industry is undergoing a technology-led transformation: our team has the experience and knowledge to partner with insurers to help them plan for success. Of course, our team is made up of our key ambassadors in the marketplace, and play a key role in how the Guidewire brand is perceived.
Description/Scope of Work
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select group of sales executives and solution consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, leading the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Technical solution consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs both in RFPs and in person, configuring and presenting sophisticated solution demonstrations, and leading technical discussions.
The successful solution consultant is encouraged to work side by side with our prospect while making sure that our product management and engineering staff is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. As a member of a team that is known for execution, you will excel in understanding a variety of technical and business process challenges, leading technical discussions with internal and prospective customer teams and presenting complex solution demonstrations. The position requires a unique blend of business process, listening, technical design, and communication skills.
Day to day you will be....
- Supporting the sales team as a specialist on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle:
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Serving as a pre-sales technical point-of-contact for customers
- Responding to technical issues raised by prospects
- Responding to requests for information or proposal (technical sections)
- Partnering with client business and technical teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Running or supporting detailed product demonstrations, including the configuration of the Guidewire InsuranceSuite (e.g: data model extensions, page configurations, rules creation, integrations)
- Identifying new platform requirements and working with Product Management to design solutions for those requirements
- Installing solutions at client sites and owning or supporting user test drive sessions
- Leading or supporting on-site POC, as required
- Providing input and support to the Technical Marketing Team (Demo Team)
Required skills/experience include:
- Experience with hands on software design, engineering, and/or programming
- Broad knowledge of modern enterprise software technologies
- Pre-sales experience with an enterprise software company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software, and an innate ability to communicate effectively with the customer spontaneously and intelligently
- Familiarity with cloud computing and SaaS industry trends
· Ability to use coding/scripting skills and have a working knowledge of APIs that may be used and integrated with a variety of technologies.
Key activities include:
- Help articulate cloud visions and SaaS offerings to new and existing clients
- Supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle
- Leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- Partnering with the Guidewire Functional Solution Consultants for application configuration for detailed product demonstrations. (eg: data model extensions, page configurations and rules creation).
- Identify new platform requirements and working with Product Management to design solutions for those requirements
- RESTful architecture and development
- Java and related enterprise technologies
- AWS technical ecosystem
- Kubernetes and related technologies
- AuthN and AuthZ concepts
- 55 - 65% travel is required for this role in the US and Canada, with some week-to-week variance post covid once travel restrictions are lifted.
- Guidewire promotes flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.