Senior API Architect/Engineer, Business Technology - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
API Architect/Engineer, Business Technology
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
Our Business Technology team is seeking a Senior API architect to join the team developing integration and APIs solutions on our best-of-class integration platform that will be used by our internal development community to access enterprise data throughout our company. Your contribution to these integrations and APIs will directly impact mission-critical integrations and business processes that run our business.
As an integration architect you will be responsible for both hands-on coding and guiding one or more contingent software engineers to meet the objectives for your project assignments. You will ensure delivery of the project roadmap while producing sustainable, reusable, well-tested code that meets our internal software development standards. You must effectively manage the engineering function for your assigned project to ensure its successfully delivery to production. As a software engineer you must foster strong working relationships with team members and internal business partners to effectively manage priorities, coordinate efforts, manage capacity, measure project health, and ensure success of your projects.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to create integration applications and REST-based service interfaces using the MuleSoft Anypoint platform to deliver fast, reliable, and scalable integration code. You must have a solid programming experience in scoping, designing, developing and implementing established EAI patterns, creating and supporting dependable infrastructure, and reusable components. This includes working with databases, on-premise and cloud applications such as Salesforce, Workday, ERP fusion Cloud via REST as well as SOAP based services. This role requires that you develop through all phases of the development lifecycle, including writing your own automated unit and functional white and black-box tests. You will need to be able to solve problems quickly and deliver elegant technical solutions for them.
To be successful at this position, you must be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while keeping a good sense of humor. You have good interpersonal communication skills, are team-oriented and, thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Architect, design, develop, test, and enhance integration solutions using the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform
- Experience in Dataweave Transformation, XSLT and XPath expressions, java-based transformations and functions
- Experience with cloud technologies - iPaaS, SaaS applications is preferred
- Drive multiple cross functional initiatives, and production operations support
- Experience in creating detailed documentation like Conceptual and physical architecture, High Level Design, Detailed Design, Deployment Guide, Operations Manual and Test Case Document
- Experience using Anypoint Platform – API Manager, Runtime Manager, Exchange etc.
- Work with Jenkins and CI tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing
- Experience in writing and running MUnit tests
- Knowledge of securing data; understand PGP, SSH, OAuth, HTTPS, SFTP
- Experienced with GIT for code versioning and maintenance
- Bachelor’s in computer sciences, Information Management or related fields
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience implementing integration solutions
- Minimum 3 years of MuleSoft integration development and design.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with relational databases (MS-SQL, Oracle).
- Excellent knowledge of web services, APIs, and related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth
- Experience designing, developing, securing and managing APIs via API Gateways and proxies
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions and communicate fluently with business users, technical staff and management
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Experience with message queue design patterns
- Experience with Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence, and etc.
- Experience developing in an Agile software development environment (Scrum)
- Experience using GitHub as a source control repository
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Willingness to learn and master unfamiliar technologies and/or concepts
- Excellent verbal and written technical documentation skills
Nice to haves:
- Mulesoft 4 experience
- MuleSoft developer certification is preferred
- Experience with Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/CD) for SDLC
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on honest relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.