Marketing Event Operations Manager (Connections) - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Marketing
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
We’re a great company. We serve a great industry. We have the best customers. And we produce Connections—the leading annual user conference and industry event in the property and casualty insurance field.
We’re looking for a passionate event professional who combines a love of events with a strong background in event operations management. The Marketing Event Operations Manager will primarily oversee the management of various aspects of Connections.
Your main responsibilities will be to develop project plans, timelines, and staffing schedules for various elements of the conference, including promotions, session content management, Partner Pavilion management, and executive programs at the conference. In addition to your areas of focus, you’ll be included in meetings about the overall direction of all elements of the conference, including signage, agenda content, speaker management, Creative Services deliverables, and PowerPoint presentation development.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with a broad group of talented colleagues, subject matter experts, and external vendors to help plan and facilitate the production of Connections. You’ll manage your vendors, develop and implement internal and external deadlines, and partner with our third-party event/registration company to ensure a flawlessly executed event.
- Develop audience-acquisition project plans to promote different conference offerings and programs.
- Develop project plans and content review sessions for more than 100 breakout sessions: deliverables, schedules, conference calls, and follow-up review calls for both internal and external presenters.
- Develop project plans for staffing, content, and layout of the Partner Pavilion.
- Oversee invitation development, agenda development, and speaker management for specific executive events at Connections.
- Research new technologies, vendors, and ideas to keep Connections on the cutting edge.
- Work collaboratively with in-house Creative Services team and external vendors as needed.
- Help manage other events, including a spring executive symposium, a strategic advisory meeting, and Guidewire Analyst Day.
In this position, you’ll report to the Senior Director of Marketing Events.
At least three to five years managing conferences or events with a company or third-party-event vendor
- Strong project management skills
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter
- High level of technical skills, including proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with the Cvent registration system
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Marketo tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A personable, flexible disposition
- Availability to travel for events as needed
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.