Facilities Project Manager – San Mateo, CA
- Department: Operations
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is looking for a Project Manager to join our Facilities team to deliver high quality office fit out projects. This incumbent works under the general direction of the Global Project Manager, working from the San Mateo, CA Headquarters office. The successful candidate communicates clearly with all parties involved in a project, including key stakeholders, internal customers, team members and vendor partners and lead a project team around a common set of goals. This position requires someone with corporate office fit out experience, who demonstrates a strong attention to detail, teamwork and customer service, who enjoys working across multiple regions and cultures.
Demonstrates understanding of project goals and provides overall planning and implementation of construction/renovation/relocation projects. Performs client programming and scope development; selection and management of professional design teams; project bidding and procurement; management of project documentation, schedule, and project cost accounting; review of all project drawings; and on-site inspections to assure construction is compliant with plans, specifications and company standards.
- Manages all facets of project management including project scope, design and test fit drawings, project schedule, procurement, quality& risk, and vendor performance for various projects
- Demonstrates ability to read and understand project documents including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, architectural and engineering drawings, building infrastructure, AV/IT, FF&E schedules, contractor and vendor proposals
- Manages project schedules and project meetings from kickoff to closeout
- Coordinates all project communications
- Maintains all project records, databases, as-built drawings, meeting minutes, bid proposals, submittals, change orders and contracts
- Manages and maintains project budget including all construction, AV, IT, Security, Furniture and all associated project costs and provides monthly financial forecasts for project
- Identifies project resources and conducts request for proposals, completing bid analysis for approval
- Responsible for end to end project management, including relocation, refurbishment, design, planning and construction
- Consults with key stakeholders, executing best practices on workplace strategy and design while creating a workspace that supports Guidewire’s core values
- Assists in the selection, contracting process and oversight of consultants and construction teams as necessary for each project
- Secures cost-effective contracts with reliable contractors and service providers.
- Inspects job sites and reviews work for compliance with documents, progress of work, identifying potential, or actual delays, and reports to management accordingly
- Manages project moves and coordinates comprehensive change management strategy and communication plan relative to project scope and stakeholders
- Confirms that all relevant permits and licenses are in place for specified project
- Ensures adherence to government laws and regulations, including building codes and safety regulations
- Manages resolution of project punch list items at end of project
- Maintains high qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in technology in the workspace
- 5-8 years of relevant corporate office project planning/managing experience
- Project Management Certification (PMP) a plus
- Expertise with construction management and project management software.
- Able to resolve issues in creative and effective ways
- Knowledge of Construction management principles, facility planning principles, IT/AV/Security CPTED principles in office fit out project
- Able to read architectural plans, schematic drawings, and/or construction drawings;
- Preferred candidate will have experience with change management and relocation project management
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, AutoDesk AEC suite including: AutoCAD and Revit is desired. Experience with Sharepoint, Plangrid and other construction and facility management software(s) is a plus
- Self-motivated; confident and energetic
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and always demonstrates leadership/professionalism
- Ability to travel between HQ and/or project sites up to 25% of time
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.