Senior Principal/Principal – Mid-Market and Specialty Lines Underwriting Expert
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
We are looking for a proven underwriting expert to join our world-class leadership team as Senior Principal/Principal, Mid-Market and Specialty Lines Underwriting Expert Product Management. The successful candidate will be a passionate, results-oriented mid-market or specialty lines underwriting expert with direct underwriting experience and deep underwriting operations leadership across all types of P&C commercial lines of business. You will partner with the Principal/Senior Principal of Mid-Market Commercial Lines Underwriting Cloud Solution to drive the entire underwriting solution definition from ideation through successful adoption by Guidewire customers. As a highly respected and influential member of the product management leadership team, you will bring deep underwriting expertise and a strong customer focus to guide the team to define our new underwriting cloud solution that will deliver measurable results for customers.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior underwriting leader to join a fast-growing software solution provider to create the next generation of underwriting cloud solutions.
• Build next generation underwriting cloud solutions on the Guidewire platform
• Evangelize adoption of new underwriting cloud solutions by Guidewire customers
• Drive top-line revenue growth from underwriting cloud sales
• Partner with Principal/Senior Principal of Mid-Market Commercial Lines Underwriting Cloud Solution to drive the overarching underwriting cloud solution vision, strategy and execution plan that will deliver measure results for customers.
• Champion customer-centered, market-driven thinking throughout the underwriting cloud solution team to ensure proposed underwriting cloud solution is fully aligned with business needs.
• Develop a deep, customer-informed perspective and understanding of key market drivers, business challenges and new technology within P&C commercial lines underwriting.
• Act as a key contributor and highly influential member of the product development leadership team that commands attention and drives alignment across a range of opinions, alternatives and competing interests.
• Evangelize Guidewire’s cloud solution strategy and vision to both internal and external stakeholders, including the Guidewire management team, industry analysts, customers and prospects, as well as SIs and solution partners.
Required Skills & Experience
• 10+ years of increasingly responsible P&C underwriting leadership experience across all commercial lines of business.
• 5+ years of solid leadership experience.
• Appreciation for the business value of user-centered experience design and of design-oriented thinking overall.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues and senior executives.
• Ability to balance a desire for enabling new software innovations with the need to fulfill business needs and customer expectations.
• BA/BS required. MBA desired.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.