Resource Staffing Manager
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Resource Staffing Manager- Ireland, Dublin
The Resource Staffing Manager (RSM) is a new role at Guidewire within the Professional Services group responsible for working with project delivery teams to staff consultants on projects as well as analyze data for use in forecasting future project resource needs.
The RSM will manage and ensure accuracy of staffing data and facilitate communication across stakeholder groups. He/She does not directly manage consultants, but is responsible for tracking all the pertinent information (e.g., assignment/availability, skills, future resource needs) necessary to staff consultants onto projects.
The RSM will use in-depth experience and expertise of personnel and project management to support and continuously improve resource management processes and functions. As relationship building is a critical part of this role the candidate should have proven negotiation skills and historical demonstration of influence as agent of change in an organization.
This role will need to rely on strong diplomatic skills to help build out the newly created Resource Management Office within the global Professional Services organization.
- Manage the Skills Inventory Database
- Manage the skills assessment process to ensure the consulting staffs’ skills information is kept up to date
- Oversee the definition of new skills required to support more efficient project resource staffing
- Analyze and identify key skills gaps across the organization and make recommendations for how to address same
- Assign Consultants to Projects
- Receive and process new project and resource requests as well as identify/recommend consultants to be staffed on projects
- Conduct meetings with Engagement Managers to collect project and resource data in order to track changing resource needs based on modified start/end dates and changes to project plan definitions
- Forecast Future Resource Demand
- Receive, record, and analyze future resource needs; translating project pipeline information into resource needs
- Produce Resource Forecasting Reports that assess and identify project resource gaps and surpluses
- Partner with Professional Services Leadership to act as trusted advisor for interpretation of forecasted resource supply and demand
- Govern Resource Management Business Processes
- Establish / Manage / Run regular resource staffing meetings and produce necessary supporting reports and analyses to support resource discussions
- Create and manage resource utilization and other metrics reports for use by personnel throughout the Professional Services organization
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing the PS group is following established resource management business processes
- Gather and analyze metrics used to monitor how well the overall resource management function is performing
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience in the professional services industry; experience with project management is a plus
- Position requires substantial understanding of professional services delivery and cross-functional/matrix delivery structures
- Ability and/or experience with customer facing activities
- Proven experience in successful personnel and project management
- Must have proficiency with various software applications including Financial Force, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to act like an owner and to influence key business decisions
- A true team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with executives both within professional service organization and outside
- A sense of urgency and impatience with the status quo
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced ambiguous environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly attentive to detail
- Highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Excellent at multitasking
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.