Project Management Office (PMO) Intern - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is seeking a Summer Intern to join the Business Technology team as a Project Management Office (PMO) Intern
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
This role will provide key support to the Business Technology team. We are looking for someone who is proactive and eager to learn. This person will be a team-player and love solving new challenges every day. The internship will provide real world experience and exposure to people, process, and technology used to manage various type of projects, including Agile and Waterfall.
Primary responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Be a part of Business Technology Project Management Office and learn about our governance process and tools
- Work with Project Manager during all phases of assigned projects
- Assist with creation of roadmaps for program/projects
- Provide input for budgets and monitor performance to budgets
- Create reports, derive analytics from IT project data
- Compile and communicate project status reports for executive updates
- Coordinate PMO meetings and events
Your skills and experience:
- Pursuing final year or completed BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or Software Engineering or MBA
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Collaborative work ethic and a team-player at heart
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
What to expect:
- Flexibility to perform a variety of different types & levels of work
- Develop proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Opportunities to collaborate and work closely with PMO as well as with the wider Business Technology team
- Close mentorship with members of the PMO team
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on honest relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.