Senior Consultant - Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Senior Consultant (Java Developer, Technical Consultant)
What we do?
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Description of Work
As a Senior Consultant (Experienced Java Developer) based in our Guidewire Services Centre (GSC) in Dublin, you will be delivering application configuration and integration programs following Guidewire best practices in integrating our products with external applications. You will provide remote consulting support for our customers globally. Projects will vary from new customer implementations to upgrades, data migration and reporting. Your role may also involve leading a project and mentoring other junior team members. You will join a very progressive environment and have the opportunity to drive projects forward once you are to speed on the product and comfortable in your role.
- Learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of our products for technical consulting and become certified by spending your first two months in training to become a subject matter expert.
- Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements.
- Configure Guidewire applications and develop Guidewire business rules using Guidewire Studio.
- Develop custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using JAVA and XML.
- Execute configuration / integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development.
- Lead and mentor junior members on a customer project.
- The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and communication skills.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Problem solving skills
- Self Motivated & leadership qualities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Interest and willingness to explore consulting career and passionate about
Keywords : Java, C#, J2EE, XML, Enterprise Java, JEE, Core Java Technology, Core J2EE Technology, Java developer, Java programmer, Java Software Engineer, JSF, Struts, Hibernate, Software Engineer, Agile, Scrum, Object Oriented, OO Coding, ERP, CRM, BI, Enterprise Software, integration, configuration
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.