Software Development Engineer in Test - Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Software Development Engineer in Test
You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users. Our software supports significant data volumes and heavy server load. Our platform includes a cluster-safe persistence layer, inter-application messaging architecture, an MVC Web layer, and a lot more.
- Be a key contributor in a team that will build, enhance and maintain test automation frameworks
- Technical expert on test automation tools and frameworks
- Build business driven, sophisticated and maintainable automated test suites to test our universe of products and components
- Gather metrics and provide test coverage analysis based on automated test results
- Research emerging technologies, tools, and platforms and ascertain when, how or if they should be used
- Continuously improve speed, quality, and ease of testing
What we are looking for:
- Have 3+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role.
- Experience in developing large-scale test automation frameworks
- A self-motivated individual contributor and a team player with good communication and collaboration skills
- Strong experience with testing tools such as Selenium, Test Cafe & Karate
- Experience with BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools and technologies such as TeamCity, Docker
- Ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more
What happens when I apply?
First, apply for the role. We will then set a quick intro call so we can share extra info on the role and answer your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview via videoconference. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in helping society to function.
We deliver an industry-standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.