UX Architect, Business Technology - San Mateo, Ca
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
UX Architect, Business Technology
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
Our Business Technology team is looking for a UX Architect who will focus on interactive design and user experience of our web and mobile enterprise applications to help us increase desirability, usability, and maximize customer value.
Are you a strategic thinker who cares deeply about the details? Do you confidently facilitate group sessions and present them to stakeholders? Do you enjoy analyzing diverse inputs and finding patterns in the complexity? Have a passion for useful, usable, delightful omnichannel experiences, and a desire to execute efficient, standards-based, scalable solutions? Do you love working with others to achieve remarkable results in the enterprise software market through well-designed customer experiences? If so, this role might be right for you.
The successful candidate will have a portfolio, which demonstrates the ability to drive processes that look across a wide range of business capabilities, products, and user needs and the ability to build design models to drive consistency, desirability, and usefulness. As a lead on our team, you will serve as the main player-coach for multi-disciplinary project teams and build strong partnerships with the customer.
We are looking for a flexible individual with enterprise application (Salesforce) design and development experience, who can derive interaction patterns across our business applications, design, and visualize interfaces for digital products that span the globe.
- Leverage Design-Thinking methods and participate and contribute to new methods
- Understand and guide research, interaction and visual design across all platforms, driving towards the highest level of quality and execution
- Accelerate the design and development process
- Present concepts clearly and justify design decisions
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members
- Lead and drive key experience design activities throughout a project’s lifecycle including developing wireframes, research, workshops, and conducting interviews and synthesizing
- Multi-task and perform well under pressure in a constantly changing environment with key stakeholders and teams
- Build close relationships with key stakeholders and ensure project teams understand roles, responsibilities and vision of project
This role engages enterprise application development teams to create working components that are scalable, aesthetic, functional, and accessible. The candidate serves as an evangelist for the design system, providing education, thought leadership for design processes, and an expert reviewer for delivery-focused members of the Guidewire Business Technology organization.
As a UX Architect, you will:
- Have 8 -10 years of experience with enterprise user experience design and application development.
- Proven ability to facilitate conversations with a diverse group of stakeholders, and provide a productive, enjoyable, collaborative experience.
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams to deliver impactful customer outcomes.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to "bring people together" across projects.
- Ability to be a design-minded change agent in a medium-large, complex organization.
- A passion for bringing for what others might call ‘blue sky’ solutions to realization.
- Mastery of information architecture, design methods, and artifacts, such as interaction flows, taxonomies, flow diagrams, mental models, content inventories, wireframes, etc.
- Familiarity with lean and agile approaches to creating software and a desire to learn and improve.
- Experience with creating or working on UI pattern libraries, style guides, or design systems.
- Proven experience designing applications that balance user needs, business requirements, commercial interests, and technological constraints
- Strong experience and knowledge of using Salesforce products
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP or other enterprise software
- Proficient in relevant software packages (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, UX-related, Prototyping (InVision, Flinto, Marvel, Proto.io), etc.)
- Design consulting background a plus
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on honest relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.