Revenue Analyst - San Mateo, CA
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Revenue Analyst - Services
Our revenue team plays an integral role with regard to Guidewire’s current operations, our growth objectives, and the broader finance organization. Revenue team has an important seat at the table with the CEO, CFO and the Sales leadership team as it relates to deals, new products, licensing, and business model expansion. We operate in 17 countries today with plans to drive our growth through organic initiatives as well as acquisitions and partnerships. Our revenue team will be evolving. The revenue team receives a lot of exposure with opportunities to influence the long term direction of the company including how we license and sell our software, consulting, and cloud services.
- Be part of a team supporting both the Training and Professional Services Organization
- Review and process Sales Orders to ensure compliance with company guidelines and policies and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Work with cross functional teams to resolve issues with Sales Orders
- Manage the timely and accurate integration of Sales Orders from source system (Financial Force and/or LMS (Learning Management System) to invoicing (Oracle.)
- Review and prepare journal entries and reconciliations for revenue and related accounts (Sales Order to Billing, Accounts Receivable and/or Unbilled Accounts Receivable)
- Prepare schedules to support monthly reviews, quarterly audits and external reporting processes
- Assist in performing internal control procedures to ensure SOX compliance
- Assist in external audit team on requests and inquiries regarding all quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal control documentation for revenue policies, procedures, controls.
- Provide input and lead implementation of process improvement and process flow
- Assist with ad hoc reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of accounts receivable/revenue accounting and operations experience required
- Solid planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
- Knowledge of revenue accounting (ASC 605, ASC 985 and ASC 606) a plus
- Proven ability to independently take ownership and manage assigned tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service skills is required, as well as eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment.
- Must be a team player and self-starter
- Detail-oriented with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills required
- Systems experience or desire to learn new systems (Oracle ERP, FinancialForce, Learning Management System and Salesforce)
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.