Principal Technical Writer, ADS Risk Analytics - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Analytics and Data Services
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Principal Tech WriterAbout Guidewire Cyence Risk Analytics
Guidewire’s Cyence Risk Analytics products help the property & casualty insurance industry to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence Risk Analytics provides insights that help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities, and develop new products. To learn more about Cyence Risk Analytics, please visit https://www.guidewire.com/products/guidewire-cyence-risk-analytics.
You are a talented and intellectually curious technical writer with experience producing materials for both technical and non-technical audiences. You can apply both intuitive and analytical thinking and quickly understand complex software. You can visualize the big picture and brainstorm about edge cases. You are technical enough to experiment with the product, test assumptions, and seek out relevant information to figure out how something works.
As a technical writer on the team, you will:
- Work with a cross-functional team of developers, risk modelers, cyber analysts, data scientists, and product managers to understand the behavior and nuances of our products
- Plan, develop, and release documentation and related materials for our risk models and platform
- Update implementation notes for field support teams
- Contribute to departmental projects and initiatives, including marketing collateral and industry whitepapers
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication skills, strong technical skills, a hands-on approach, and a self-motivated attitude. Expect to work in a fast-changing, flexible environment, and to use your own judgment extensively.
Required skills and experience
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or related degree or comparable experience.
- 5+ years of experience writing technical documentation for enterprise software products
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills
- Good understanding of web applications and interfaces
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and related web technologies
- Knowledge of standard industry practices in information development and delivery
- Good understanding of topic-based authoring, XML, DITA, and content delivery processes
- Proficiency with authoring tools such as Oxygen XML Author and Adobe FrameMaker
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to elicit information from experts and learn by experimenting
- Preferably some familiarity with statistics
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.