UX Designer - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the world in P&C and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer centric.
Are you a strategic thinker who cares deeply about the details? Do you enjoy analyzing diverse inputs and finding patterns in the complexity? Have a passion for useful, usable, and delightful omnichannel experiences, and a desire to execute efficient, standards-based, scalable solutions? Do you love working with others to achieve awesome results in the enterprise software market through well designed customer and user experiences?
Our global UX team is looking for a strong designer to champion the design efforts of Guidewire insurance risk management products.
The Right Candidate:
- Has 3-5 years of experience user experience design and design research (gathering and synthesizing information, as well as generating insights)
- Has experience with large and/or complex data and data visualization
- Has experience with uncovering technical requirements based on user journeys.
- Has experience in risk management and/or predictive modeling, AI a plus.
- Has experience with cloud-based applications and complex business processes a plus.
- Has a proven ability to facilitate conversations with a diverse group of stakeholders and provide a productive, enjoyable, collaborative experience.
- Has a mastery of information architecture, design methods and artifacts, such as interaction flows, taxonomies, flow diagrams, mental models, content inventories, wireframes, etc.
- Is familiar with design thinking, lean and agile approaches to creating software, and brings a commitment to learn and improve.
- Is comfortable with frequent collaboration between design and product/development teams.
- Has strong written and presentation skills
Additional qualities and abilities we are looking for in our UX team members:
- Leadership – Advocates for a design-led development approach
- Design Research – Able to gather information and generate insights
- Concept design - Self-sufficiently creates and presents design concepts confidently
- Product Design - Creates and directs the design of complex end-to-end engineering ready designs for the intended target persona. Lead the crafting of the solution, and effectively work with engineering and product management to ensure differentiating user experiences
- Prototyping – Prototypes complex solutions with the appropriate prototyping tool & techniques including emerging technologies
- Design Testing - Conducts user testing following various design testing methods, self-sufficiently, and can synthesize findings and implications
- Design Iterations – Iteratively designs multiple times in every step, testing hypotheses and going back to research to refine basic assumptions
- Compliance and Regulations - Considers standards and business guidelines in the user experience design process and artifacts
- Ideation - Generates choices, possibilities and works collaboratively to identify and promote the best idea
- Storytelling - Communicates information in interesting and relevant ways that evoke emotions
- Facilitation – Knows how to get things done in a complex, collaborative settings
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire Insurance Platform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. Insurance Platform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 450 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees. Their primary areas of focus are to ensure alignment of that architecture with business objectives and high-level company technology direction.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.