Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The Professional Services Organization:
We deploy small, highly-skilled team of functional and technical consultants/experts. We send a small team of Subject Matter Experts who work in tandem with the insurance company’s internal team, and partners, to address their needs, and become a trusted technical advisor and mentor. Our software is incredibly complex and well-tested – over 2,000 person years’ invested in our products so far.
Customer Success through collaboration on-site. To accomplish that we employ a flexible travel schedule of traveling to the customer on Mondays to return on Thursday which has been called the 3-4-5 in the industry: 3 nights away, 4 days onsite, with the fifth day working from home. We have a Global Mobility team to ensure you have the right support.
The technical consultants will participate in the design, development and testing of various technical initiatives during the course of the assignment. They will help to ensure that an appropriate standard of quality is maintained in all integration code and assist with the definition and deployment of test cases. They will act as a mentor to customer integration team members and participate in knowledge transfer activities as well.
In the event there is multiple integration consultants assigned to a project, one will be designated as the technical lead and the others will be designated as technical consultants.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a majority of the following technical skills:
Enterprise software product implementation experience within complex, enterprise environments;
- Leading and collaborating across multi-functional teams on complex large-scale projects;
- Fluency in an additional language such as French, German, Spanish or Italian isa nice to have.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and successful completion of complex projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control, dependencies, and risk management processes are maintained;
- Manages established contracts with customers and partners, helping negotiate adjustments as needed;
- Understands the internal dynamics of customers and partners to facilitate project plans and execution;
- Seen as the trusted advisor: collaborates with customers, partners, and colleagues to understand and address complex business problems;
- Program/Stakeholder communication. Implements a communications strategy to address a variety of needs;
- Takes responsibility for understanding customer requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis, and problem resolution;
- Takes technical responsibility for all stages in the software development process including both configuration and integration of our products;
- Strong OO design, development and test skills with proven patterns knowledge, exceptional documentation skills, and the ability to communicate your thought process;
- Coaching and mentoring other team members as necessary on tools and methodology
- JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC OR C#, .NET experience – we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process;
- Experience in AGILE project management;
- Interest and experience in a customer facing role and on-site;
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems;
- Willingness and ability to travel 80% within the region. Guidewire employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week and away from home three nights per week. Consultants work the fifth day from their home office. These roles represent Guidewire Software on customer site.
Benefits: We know that people work based on incentives so we have an exceptional and rational compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and long term cash incentives (LTI), as well as a number of other benefits such as pension and healthcare and promote flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance. See and hear from our employees at: careers.guidewire.com and read about our core values of integrity, rationality and collegiality in everything that we do.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.