Project Analyst (Build & Release Coordinator) – Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Project Analyst (Build & Release Coordinator)
The Build & Release Coordinator role is responsible for working closely with Guidewire implementation teams to help support that team by ensuring that the continuous integration & delivery platform is running well and that the needs of the technical team are met. This role could suit someone from various backgrounds, either from a more technical software development / consulting background or someone less technical but with more organizational skills such as a project analyst.
They should have the skills and desire to build up strong relationships with both an implementation team & a cloud operations team so they can that they can understand what project needs and be proactive in assisting them. They should then have the communication and organizational skills to work with the technical team to identify, plan and deploy changes to existing & new build processes and infrastructure. They will also work as part of an overall Build & Release team that shares knowledge and defines best practice and standardized approaches across all projects and positively advocates for this standardization.
The role can evolve into different career paths depending on the candidate and what skills they have, as a large cloud provider we have lots of opportunities in technical positions such as development operations, technical consulting as well as a large project management practice.
This role is based in Dublin and may require some occasional travel for training.
The build & release coordinator is responsible for the following key activities:
- Help support the implementation team by ensuring that you are responding to any needs they have.
- Manage and execute the regular deployments for the team.
- Work with the QA & Implementation team to monitor defects and deploy new builds as needed.
- Manage environment refreshes as needed which will involve specific Guidewire product training.
- Build strong relationship with the implementation team so that you can maximize the efficiency of the team and fully understand their needs in terms of continuous integration & deployment.
- Managing configuration of existing environments via creation of support tickets to the Cloud Operations team. Build strong relationships and work proactively with this team to continually develop best practice.
- Work as part of a larger Build & Release team to help develop best practice for multiple projects. Work with this team to develop standard approaches to builds & deployments as well as other related areas such as test automation.
- Proactively monitor the build status for failures and help to quickly identify the source of these and work with various stakeholders to resolve them.
- Improve the reliability and performance of test and build processes.
- Review, analyze and recommend solutions improve the software development process across multiple projects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Some previous experience in a project analyst, quality analyst role or technical experience in a development / consulting role. We will also consider people from other backgrounds who have the appetite and ability to learn new skills.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, CAPM, PMP, or PRINCE2 certification is useful but not required. Any other relevant industry certifications will be considered.
- Experience working with development or implementation teams in the past.
- Strong communications skills, the ability to work with multiple stakeholders to ensure that the build process is working correctly and responding to the demands of the projects.
- Self-directed and team-oriented individual.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to identify gaps in process and work with multiple stakeholders to improve this over time.
- Familiarity with CI automation tools (e.g. Jenkins) & automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, Selenium, etc.) is not essential but would be useful
- Some previous industry experience in a Build & Release role or experience interacting with this type of role would be useful but is not required
About Guidewire Software
Guidewire delivers the industry platform that Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business. We are privileged to serve more than 350 companies in 32 countries. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
© 2019 Guidewire Software, Inc. For more information about Guidewire’s trademarks, visit https://guidewire.com/legal-notices. Document Published: 2019-09-26
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.