Vice President, Operations Delivery
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
At Guidewire, we make software that offers Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications that insurance companies use to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of innovate products serving the needs of P&C insurance companies in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve hundreds of insurance providers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
The Vice President Cloud Operations Delivery will guide the operational excellence of our ITSM, Program Management, and Enablement teams, continually improving operations delivery and measuring outcomes. Guidewire has a track record of superior customer satisfaction and we’re looking for a visionary leader who is motivated by delighting customers and solving challenging problems. This individual will work within Customer and Cloud Operations (CCO) and cross-functional teams to identify and implement operational improvements, manage priorities, and provide status and budget updates.
You will guide operational delivery as our mission-critical product offering continues to grow and advance. You will lead strategic program development and oversee operational execution. You will enable process and tools to ensure high levels of service and be ready to roll up your sleeves beside the team when it’s all hands on deck.
The role also requires a transformational leader with experience in the support of customers and products on the journey to a cloud-deployed customer application model. A critical success factor will be applying experience and strategy to build programs, policies and processes that scale and develop over time.
Key responsibilities include:
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- Establish change management policies and processes for cloud customer production changes
- Own the escalation management process
- Lead IT Service Management
- Create a sustainable model for customer interactions across Cloud Operations teams (including support cases, community forums, live chat)
- Cloud operations program management
- Manage the configuration of enablement tools, including Jira, Salesforce and others, to support the needs of CCO
- Develop and deliver reporting mechanisms to support the business
- Deliver job-relevant training on Guidewire products and tools to CCO employees
- Effectively set and manage organizational KPI’s
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to achieve ISO certification and ensure that CCO passes annual ISO audits
- Guide planning and execution of various enablement programs across the organization
- 10+ years leading global operations supporting a customer base of enterprise software products in the enterprise SaaS field
- Passionate, collaborative, results oriented leader capable of inspiring a team and driving needed change
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to understand the details and relate it to the bigger picture
- Availability to travel to work with and grow a globally-distributed organization and peer management team (approx. 25%)
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.