Technical Architect, Madrid - Spain
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Country: Spain
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey
We believe that P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business and in enabling society to function. We specialize in serving P&C insurers, with a focused commitment that puts customer success above all else. As of the end of our fiscal year 2019, we were privileged to serve a global community of more than 380 primary insurers of all sizes and lines of business in 34 countries.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform™ is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can optimize their operations, increase engagement, drive smart decisions, innovate quickly, and simplify IT.
Description of Work
The Architect will be responsible for leading a team of Guidewire consultants on a specific customer project working towards its successful delivery. This role will involve extensive hands-on interaction with customer stakeholders, providing best practice guidance on the customization of Guidewire products to meet customer requirements.
The types of projects the Architect will work on will be wide ranging, from new core/portals/data product implementations to upgrades, data migrations and reporting. As the Architect gains Guidewire project experience there will be future opportunities for them to specialize in specific project types with the eventual goal of promotion to the Senior Architect role.
The Architect will use their leadership skills to ensure their team of consultant meets daily project targets while also leveraging their technical ability to provide mentoring and guidance to their team members when required.
While work is completed remotely, in certain cases, an Architect may be asked to occasionally travel on-site, particularly at the beginning of a new project, to aid in the establishment of strong customer relationships and to use their experience to guide initial project decisions.
The Architect will also be a key member of the local leadership team in Madrid and be involved in various initiatives outside of client projects as required, including technical interviewing and involvement in internal technical initiatives like Tech Slams & Hackathons.
To be considered you should have deep experience of the following:
- Background in consulting or equivalent in a customer facing role in professional services.
- Ability to handle technical leadership tasks (Solution Design, estimating, delivery of technical training/education)
- Ability to demonstrate advanced technical skills such as OO design, development and test with proven patterns knowledge, excellent documentation composition and the ability to clearly communicate your thought process.
- JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC OR C#, .NET experience – we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process
- Extensive exposure to a variety of source control technologies (i.e. SVN, Git, etc.)
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Ability to become certified in multiple Guidewire InsuranceSuite products and develop a thorough understanding of product platform including all integration technologies.
- Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Ability to travel occasionally to customer site globally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal initiative and ability to personally execute with minimal oversight.
- Leadership skills – Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role, managing performance of the team members on a project, provide technical project leadership and mentoring support to junior team members, acting as escalation point on each project.
- Interaction with prospects and customers to describe the overall architecture from a component perspective (application server, database, internal cache, clustering)
- Experience with automated deployment pipelines for continuous delivery an advantage (source control patterns, continuous integration, comprehensive automated testing, automated deployment).
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.