Program Director Content US Commercial Lines - Toronto, Canada
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Country: Canada
Guidewire has embarked on an exciting transformation journey that is driven by a global team of high performers. This group is Agile & creative with the opportunity to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you like to be part of a great team, building and enabling this transformation, this could be perfect for you. We are working with a modern technology stack and building highly scalable applications that will be used, day in and day out, by people whose livelihoods depend on them.
We are looking for an experienced Program Director to supervise and drive the delivery of our 6 standard US Commercial lines for use on the Guidewire InsuranceSuite core platform. You will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of the program. This includes managing all phases of the lifecycle, from requirements through to customer adoption.
A successful Program Director must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. We are looking for a passionate Leader who will play a key role in managing products in the US Commercial Lines market. You will be responsible for delivering a world-class product and contributes significantly to Guidewire’s growth plans in US Commercial Lines. You should be a self-starter, who is willing to get into the details where necessary, and have the proven ability to lead by influence and expertise.
- Drive the delivery of content to support 6 standard US P&C Insurance lines of business for the Guidewire InsuranceSuite core platform
- Work directly with P&C insurers to understand the challenges they are facing and how our products and solutions drive business value
- Develop or approve budgets and operations
- Support the internal product management teams in creation of and execution alignment with product strategy and vision at both the product and portfolio level
- Own US Commercial product roadmap delivery and update this regularly with key hypotheses and milestones
- Work with engineering leadership teams to define, size and deliver solutions
- Work with product management on market analysis to define and identify market segmentation and next opportunities
- Collaborate with customers to provide support and guidance for implementation and adoption
- Actively solicit feedback from customers, internal and external, on our products and solutions
- Work with Sales and Services teams to provide product enablement and positioning for customers and prospects
What you would need to be successful:
- Proven experience as program director or other managerial position working with distributed teams in Enterprise software
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong ability to establish relationships internally across Engineering, Product Marketing, and Professional Services
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Strong conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience is required
- Ability to travel as needed to customers site
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.