Software Engineer Graduate - Krakow, Poland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Krakow, Poland
- Country: Poland
Software Engineer Graduate
Guidewire's development team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented software developer graduate to join the team.
What we do?
We build innovative solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high quality software working with a great team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that generates over 500 million dollars of revenue annually. Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. We've built a strong culture, and we're looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
Successful software developers at Guidewire typically have:
- Passion to work collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team.
- Experience working in an agile development environment (e.g. TDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- A passion for code quality validated by thorough testing
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution
- Some Software development lifecycle exposure (Agile) preferred
- Understanding of programming languages and grounding in Java, C# or C++
- Some familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- Awareness of Object Oriented Design principles
- Awareness of Web services (e.g. REST, etc.), Cloud Services (e.g. AWS)
The ideal candidate will share and be delighted by our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
- Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
- Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/
- Competitive market Salary
- LTI (Long term cash Incentive)
- 26 annual leave days
- Healthcare Benefits
- 2 paid days volunteering and many more
Who are we?
Guidewire is a leading provider of core systems that span the insurance lifecycle – underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire delivers the software that property and casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in their journey.
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2018. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.