Sr Technical Education Architect
- Department: Education
- Location: US - Remote
- Country: United States of America
We know who we are. Guidewire is a software company.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, diﬀerentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that uniﬁes software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Professional Services is growing our Education Services team based on strong demand.
We would like to ﬁnd an experienced technical instructor, trainer, or implementation consultant with an interest in delivering product training that teaches customers, partners, and employees how to define business requirements, configure our products, and integrate them with other systems. This role serves as a customer-facing position representing Guidewire Software. The successful instructor is expected to become proﬁcient in how to write business requirements for our products, how our products can be conﬁgured, how integrations can be implemented between our products and other systems, and how to adhere to best practices along the way. The instructor will work closely with other Guidewire instructors, content developers, and implementation consultants to keep abreast of product capabilities, to contribute to improvements in our Education content, and review new content before they are ﬁnalized for delivery.To learn more about Guidewire Education, visit us at https://education.guidewire.com.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will need:
- Java, or C#, or similar object-oriented language. This means regularly working with the language and writing at least some code for a signiﬁcant portion of your time.
- Experience developing code to submit and retrieve messages using a messaging bus such as JMS or ActiveMQ or MQSeries. This requirement applies to candidates with either Java or C# backgrounds.
- Understanding of XML, how its structure is controlled, and the tools used to generate and parse XML documents. .
- Understanding of how web services work from a technical perspective.
- Experience with SQL Server, ORACLE, MySQL or other RDBMS. Able to write simple to moderately complex SQL queries. Understands data modeling concepts and ideally has some experience in database design in a business application environment.
- Ideally experienced with packaged software implementations having been involved in an at least one implementation project as a contributor in either a development, project manager, or business analyst role.
Other skills of interest are:
- Strong knowledge of P&C Insurance, experience in writing business requirements for projects, experience working on Agile projects, and knowledge of testing project deliverables.
Some of the essential training skills needed are:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience delivering technical training to software developers or business analysts
- Comfortable presenting complex ideas in simple ways to a diverse learner audience
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on the spot to enable students to complete exercises
- Demonstrated ability to eﬃciently work with customers
- Previous experience with complex enterprise application software
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work.
- Willingness to travel 75% of the time.
- Fluent in English. Ideally also fluent in French or German.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Professional Services groups.
The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Dublin. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.