Lead Software Development Engineer in Test - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire provides market-leading software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We build the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to create their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via Guidewire Cloud that enables our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable ROI. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer in Test, you will lead the team testing the next-gen cloud solution through innovative technology. We are looking for someone who has a passion for exploring new tools and keeping current with new technologies and a willingness to wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment.
Your duties will include:
- Work closely with stakeholders such as Product Managers, Developers, and Architects to design, refine, and implement a better end-to-end, cross-product testing strategy that covers all of our important user flow and use cases.
- Define test harnesses and automation frameworks and drive the development of test suites
- Create end-to-end, integration automation (API and UI)
- Interface with teams external to product development to understand cloud requirements, real-life usage
- Build and execute test cases with complex data and setup
- Advocate for maximizing customer success
- Gather metrics and provide test coverage analysis based on automated test results.
- Assist teams by understanding and providing feedback on I18N, availability, performance, stability, reliability, usability, and security
- Have 5+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role.
- Experience in developing large-scale test automation frameworks
- A self-motivated team lead and a team player with good communication and collaboration skills
- Strong experience with testing tools such as Selenium, Test Café, Karate
- Experience with BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools and technologies such as TeamCity, Docker
- Experience working in AWS environment and or microservices testing is a bonus.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.